i hate squishy tires.

novazeus

about 5 days ago i thought i had gone thru all my wheels and pumped them up, except my spare new s1, and maybe i did. i learned how to ride on tire pressure a little beyond the max pressure. i figured if i was gonna be inside my 2x4 railings, might as well make it as difficult as possible, also knowing the tires would be losing pressure as i practice so i’d think i was getting better but in reality, i just wasn’t riding on a knife edge. so i take my little s1 out for a spin, and as soon as i get on it, it felt squishy. i picked it up and did a pressure test with my thumb and index finger, and it felt about right. so off i go, and the pedals felt soft, the wheel felt even less powerful, i hated it. came back, checked the pressure with a gauge, sure enough, only 38 psi. i’m happy at 55 psi on a s1. pump it up, like night and day. 55 psi is 5 psi over the sidewall rating but for me, i think that’s better for the tire than what seqway/ninebot recommends. i suppose on a 14” wheel it only takes a smidgeon of air escaping, and temperatures changing to change the psi up or down. i wonder if anybody has tried nitrogen? and i’m hating on my little 12v cigarette adaptor little emergency tire pump. good it only pumps a little bit of air at a time, a big one would be like driving a trim nail with a sledge. whats the verdict on 115ac electric small compressors for our wheels, which is ur favorite? if nobody has tried nitrogen in any bike tire, i might get my friends at the tire store down the street to see if they’d do it. somebody said a while back, psi being the same, nitrogen was a softer ride, logically, idk how. i’m grateful ninebot gave me an extension for the valve, got nothing from kingsong, but i know they can make these things where when ur screwing on and off the valve, very very little air escapes. anybody know of an aftermarket extender?

yup, at this stage of my fledgling riding, i like hard and tight pedals and hard tires. feels too much like i’m standing on a day old cow turd riding it down my road. but my terrain never changes unlike most that are using them for actually going places and there is a trade off by going hard or soft. and i don’t go fast. i pull out the 9bot1s1 and do a few laps, just to rein me in. like today, i never heard a peep out of it but i thought i was getting a gentle tilt back, ya pedals are kinda weird on these ninebots to me, but it didn’t break, so i guess ok. i want to be good enough rider to balance nicely at 10 mph with good stopping technique. i’ll probably never learn how to mount because i don’t have to and i like my ankles. fanciest i’ll ever get is ridng in my pasture, which would be murder on an ebike with two tires, one tire, oh my. but it is fun if u like falling. it’s like riding a bucking horse, standing on the saddle(no i’ve never done that, but i can imagine that’s pretty accurate)at least with the euc, if ur clever, u can just step off, i always get in trouble by trying to ride it out( if i could free mount, things would be different). u can’t go fast cause u would be just skipping like a boat in chop.

A basic bike pump (preferably with built-in gauge) works fine.  EUC tires have such low volume you can pump most from empty to max by hand in under a minute.

I'm very happy with this one:

803846.jpg.97fa3bde0bb3a753fcf9626906974fdb.jpg

Its length is 20 centimeters, only. You can use it for classic small bicycle and for the unicycle Schrader-Type valves aswell.

Additionally you can switch between high-pressure wich needs less force while pumping and high ventilation-mode if you have to fill a completely empty tire.

1 hour ago, s.m. said:

I'm very happy with this one:

803846.jpg.97fa3bde0bb3a753fcf9626906974fdb.jpg

Its length is 20 centimeters, only. You can use it for classic small bicycle and for the unicycle Schrader-Type valves aswell.

Additionally you can switch between high-pressure wich needs less force while pumping and high ventilation-mode if you have to fill a completely empty tire.

i’ll look into that, thanks. i have a small nice one i used with my harley suspension but 5 psi increase on a 14” tire from 45 to 50 would probably take 50 strokes. maybe i shouldn’t but i always go ten over the sidewall rating and whatever stays in after disconnecting, roll with that until they feel squishy again. that little harley connector that screws on loses a gnat’s breath when disconnecting, which i like.

Archived