gotway should add customizable ride mode is software

i love my gotway tesla. and i think it rides very nicely

but i think if gotway added customizable parameters for almost every aspect of the riding mode. Imagine. You could customize the riding mode to a perfect fit for different people.

they should add a section under the standard ride modes where there is slider example from 0-10

and have different things to configure like softness, and more (if possible) so you could tweak it exactly perfect how you like it. 

this could be something that sets apart gotway from the rest 

so what do you think of this suggestion? does it sound like a good idea or just nonsense?

49 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

i love my gotway tesla. and i think it rides very nicely

but i think if gotway added customizable parameters for almost every aspect of the riding mode. Imagine. You could customize the riding mode to a perfect fit for different people.

they should add a section under the standard ride modes where there is slider example from 0-10

and have different things to configure like softness, and more (if possible) so you could tweak it exactly perfect how you like it. 

this could be something that sets apart gotway from the rest 

so what do you think of this suggestion? does it sound like a good idea or just nonsense?

It sounds like a good idea to me, but it wouldn't set Gotway apart from the old ninebot e+, it always had the slider to change the pedal firmness from 0 being the hardest to 9 being so soft it is almost unrideable.  For some reason the newer S1 is not adjustable, just one setting, very firm.

I thought there were 2 or 3 modes on the Tesla?  Like player and Madden or something:confused1:

11 hours ago, steve454 said:

It sounds like a good idea to me, but it wouldn't set Gotway apart from the old ninebot e+, it always had the slider to change the pedal firmness from 0 being the hardest to 9 being so soft it is almost unrideable.  For some reason the newer S1 is not adjustable, just one setting, very firm.

I thought there were 2 or 3 modes on the Tesla?  Like player and Madden or something:confused1:

yes there are 3 modes on the tesla  

SOFT - this mode feels very soft almost like gliding maybe even too much because acceleration and braking is hard to do

COMFORT - just a middle point between the two, either its the best of both worlds or the worst, havent figured this out yet

STRONG - responsive fast acceleration and braking, but it feels very firm, and doesnt have the comfortable gliding feel of soft mode

but i think theyre somewhat big jumps in change and after riding the hard mode for some time i want to go back to soft and vice versa.

i want fast and responsive feel but still that it kind of tilts the direction youre going a little bit :blink1: i think medium seems pretty good for now but it doesnt have 1 thing its really good at its just.. "good" at everything but not "great at some things like the other modes

im thinking of making an acceleration and braking test with the different modes and publish as a video

I suspect that if GW were to add extra riding modes they would have to do more testing of this new software. Jugging from the reports of people having some unpredictable behaviour from the Tesla and the past problems that the AMC had with the messed up firmware, I prefer that they limit the complexities of the firmware as much as possible.

1 hour ago, NECway said:

I suspect that if GW were to add extra riding modes they would have to do more testing of this new software. Jugging from the reports of people having some unpredictable behaviour from the Tesla and the past problems that the AMC had with the messed up firmware, I prefer that they limit the complexities of the firmware as much as possible.

they dont need to do any other testing to make a slider for more options with softness... 

and the firmware is pretty simple to begin with, and no it does not behave "unpredictably" the tesla

one of the most predictable wheels out there, i tried a kingsong and i just think they dip their pedals randomly while turning at it doesnt make sence, but the tesla if you wanna turn, you turn

4 hours ago, Shad0z said:

they dont need to do any other testing to make a slider for more options with softness... 

and the firmware is pretty simple to begin with, and no it does not behave "unpredictably" the tesla

one of the most predictable wheels out there, i tried a kingsong and i just think they dip their pedals randomly while turning at it doesnt make sence, but the tesla if you wanna turn, you turn

Thank you for being an expert programmer. I'm sure your 15 years of life has tough you all you need to know about embedded firmware that controls power application to an electric motor.

On the other hand my over 30 years of software development tells me otherwise.

As far as "unpredictability" of the Tesla, there are enough reports that I'm getting a bit nervous about riding my Tesla once spring is were I live. And I sure hope that I won't encounter any issues with the Tesla and that it is a reliable as my MCM4.

31 minutes ago, NECway said:

Thank you for being an expert programmer. I'm sure your 15 years of life has tough you all you need to know about embedded firmware that controls power application to an electric motor.

As far as "unpredictability" of the Tesla, there are enough reports that I'm getting a bit nervous about riding my Tesla once spring is were I live. And I sure hope that I won't encounter any issues with the Tesla and that it is a reliable as my MCM4.

woah calm down, and youre right no i dont have experience as a programmer like you do, but stop being so agressive in the way youre typing it the first half of the post could have been removed and changed to:

"i am a software engineer and i have experience with this"

instead of this 

38 minutes ago, NECway said:

Thank you for being an expert programmer. I'm sure your 15 years of life has tough you all you need to know about embedded firmware

its just unessesary and starts some bad vibes..

On 04/03/2018 at 7:55 PM, NECway said:

With the bangs bumps and scrapes i've had on mine and its still running I think you'll be fine :) on a more software side of things not sure what language you do but i've been looking at the open source code for the wheelog app on github:

https://github.com/JumpMaster/WheelLogAndroid

to try do some decyphering of what it does when it sends the commands to the tesla to change alarms etc see if there are any numerical values or other ways to do it, but i've not got far with it s far.

Archived