V8 / Solowheel Glide 3

Paddylaz

Anyone used the rebranded v8?

Any differences aside from price/branding? I assume the app is different.......can you still adjust pedal tilt, car body calibration etc etc?

Trying to decide right now whether my next wheel should be:

1)old v8

2)new v8/glide 3

3)ks 14s

8 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

Anyone used the rebranded v8?

Any differences aside from price/branding? I assume the app is different.......can you still adjust pedal tilt, car body calibration etc etc?

Trying to decide right now whether my next wheel should be:

1)old v8

2)new v8/glide 3

3)ks 14s

I have a rebranded motor from Solowheel on my old V8. It works great. i use Darknessbot app on i os so I can get the 35kph speed enhancement. I have heard that Solowheel's app allows for higher speed at higher battery power till the battery level drops.

The apps control the functions you mentioned above, so Yes they still allow for all the calibrations. Darknessbot does not do 'forward calibration' but the Solowheel and InMotion apps do.

My advice between the ks14s and the V8/glide 3 is to determine your range of rides. I can only get about 18 miles of reliably fun riding out my V8 before the speed limiting at low battery levels makes it a patience game till I get home and can recharge it. I can always carry the extra battery in a backpack, but that makes it the same weight as the KS14s.

The KS14s is also a fantastic wheel. The speakers are better sounding than the ks18s, and the range is around 30 reliably fun driving miles. The ks14s also has no problems cruising at 18-19mph for the long haul with the 840wh battery pack.

That said as a V8 fan, I always have the feeling of regret when riding the Ks14s that 1. The V8 could give this a better feel, and 2. Why cant the V8 perform like this...:huh:

I guess thats not much help, but still

2 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

I have a rebranded motor from Solowheel on my old V8. It works great. i use Darknessbot app on i os so I can get the 35kph speed enhancement. I have heard that Solowheel's app allows for higher speed at higher battery power till the battery level drops.

The apps control the functions you mentioned above, so Yes they still allow for all the calibrations. Darknessbot does not do 'forward calibration' but the Solowheel and InMotion apps do.

My advice between the ks14s and the V8/glide 3 is to determine your range of rides. I can only get about 18 miles of reliably fun riding out my V8 before the speed limiting at low battery levels makes it a patience game till I get home and can recharge it. I can always carry the extra battery in a backpack, but that makes it the same weight as the KS14s.

The KS14s is also a fantastic wheel. The speakers are better sounding than the ks18s, and the range is around 30 reliably fun driving miles. The ks14s also has no problems cruising at 18-19mph for the long haul with the 840wh battery pack.

That said as a V8 fan, I always have the feeling of regret when riding the Ks14s that 1. The V8 could give this a better feel, and 2. Why cant the V8 perform like this...:huh:

I guess thats not much help, but still

No no, that helped a lot!

But since only your motor is from the new wheel....do you have any idea whether an entirely new Glide 3 would allow me to still use the Inmotion app? I don't really want to mess around with the Darknessbot thing, regardless of how much people like it. I like keeping things official.

I rode the Solowheel Glide 3 at CES in January and they actually seem a little quicker somehow. Yes, all the calibrations can be done on them the same way as on InMotion's app. Pedal angle, calibration, speed limiting, handle release button, it is all in there.

I am not sure that you will get the Solowheel glide3 in London. I thought you would still get the InMotion v8 but no, not yet on using the app from one to control the other. There was some discussion of that recently, but I didnt see a resolution yet. You can still use the social part of the InMotion app even if you have a Solowheel. You just cant show up in the weekly mileage contests or initialize the wheel with it. Yet...

Also with the move to San Diego from Seattle, the Solowheel company has become much more cheerful and fun. Almost like the move gave them a Sunnier outlook on life after all that beach riding.B)

Archived