Riding fast on an electric unicycle

exoplanet

This is an important topic.

We should be treating riding fast on an euc the same as motorcyclists treat riding fast on their machines. But with even greater care.

Speeds above say 15kmh will likely make you fall if you are not prepared. When the speed increases it can quickly get ugly.

I am all for the great feeling of freedom, but perhaps we could outline our thoughts and guidelines for riding fast. Perhaps we can steal some from motorcyclists.

2 hours ago, exoplanet said:

This is an important topic.

We should be treating riding fast on an euc the same as motorcyclists treat riding fast on their machines. But with even greater care.

Speeds above say 15kmh will likely make you fall if you are not prepared. When the speed increases it can quickly get ugly.

I am all for the great feeling of freedom, but perhaps we could outline our thoughts and guidelines for riding fast. Perhaps we can steal some from motorcyclists.

Two totally different circumstances when riding fast on either. 

Unlike for motorbikes, I don't think that EUCs which can reach a speed of, say, above 60km/h will ever be a popular means of transportation. I could be wrong, but to me it seems that the speed domain of EUCs and motorbikes is different by construction. Disclaimer: also my personal interest in riding EUCs faster than 30km/h is currently zero.

Archived