Police Hoverbike

MetricUSA

Young love and the college experience:

Salem State University (SSU with no Greek life!) is a block away. Traffic patterns follow peaks associated with morning lecture hours and commuting students cars fill the lots. Across from SSU is a gasoline filling station called 'U fuel' staffed by an attendant.

A bit farther away is a newly refurbished McDonald's which gets a mix of patrons including many SSU students when class is in session. For the most part dorm residing SSU kids head for this McD's.

I stopped there around 9pm last night after returning from my Boston ride. A half dozen SSU kids were using the stand up kiosk to order. There were two girls. One of the girls was wearing fashionable skin tight and ripped at the knees pair of faded jeans. Since I'm on the fat side (hard to find clothes that fit waist and length) I marveled at how tight yet perfectly fitting her jeans were given her ample posterior attributes. As they waited her friend took her under his arm by wrapping it around her neck with a closed fist. She liked the embrace which led to him grabbing the breast pocket of her shirt. The motion struck a defensive response from her as she motioned a not in public signal with her hands and body language. 

This morning , as I walked with my laptop to McD's for a bite to eat and to respond to Meep's map link message, I walked past the same girl (and guy?). She was wearing the same jeans and top.

Room and board, expenses, new friend experiences away from home.... You know .... The college experience outside of the classroom.

She would look equally lovely (or nicer) if she wore a scarf like the woman in Paris in one of the car free days ride photos. Being a poor college student has its pit falls but friendships are formed tightly and discretely.

^^^^

Ah, yes. Women are just like the middle east; commit yourself to a single supplier and you'll eventually find yourself embroiled in a war from which there is no cheap exit.

Morale: make sure you have several suppliers to keep the cost down and availability up.

Archived