How Does 14S Bluetooth Work for Speakers?

Marty Backe

I've been unable to connect my phone (Android) or iTouch to my 14S speakers. On my 14C I had to press a Bluetooth button to begin the pairing process.

I have no problems connecting the KingSong app to the wheel for configuration purposes.

What's the secret to connecting to the speakers? Hopefully it's not "buy a new phone"

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I've been unable to connect my phone (Android) or iTouch to my 14S speakers. On my 14C I had to press a Bluetooth button to begin the pairing process.

I have no problems connecting the KingSong app to the wheel for configuration purposes.

What's the secret to connecting to the speakers? Hopefully it's not "buy a new phone"

On my iphone i have to accept "kingsongMusic" for the first ever connection in the bluetooth options.

After doing this one time....it is then automatically paired whenever powering the wheel on.

Does android have bluetooth "options"?

1 hour ago, who_the said:

The 14D manual says the "audio BT" is activated automatically when you power on. Curious, do you see a device when you scan BT and can't connect, or do you see no device at all?

The 14S doesn't even appear in my iTouch list of Bluetooth devices. On my Android phone I see KingSong, but I now suspect I'm seeing the control board, not the sound module.

So maybe the sound module is broken.

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

On my iphone i have to accept "kingsongMusic" for the first ever connection in the bluetooth options.

After doing this one time....it is then automatically paired whenever powering the wheel on.

Does android have bluetooth "options"?

I'll keep poking around for settings, but my same phone and iTouch was able to previously connect with the 14C (which I no longer have).

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

The 14S doesn't even appear in my iTouch list of Bluetooth devices. On my Android phone I see KingSong, but I now suspect I'm seeing the control board, not the sound module.

So maybe the sound module is broken.

The complete mechanism on the newer models is not the same anymore as it was on the old KS14C....

In the IOS Settings under Bluetooth the device should Show as "KingSongMusic"....do you have a friend with an iphone or iPad? i dont now if an (old)Ipod Touch is able to connect to the newer Bluetooth Low Energy Standard?

So i would try with a friends iphone to set Music up...before it can be safe/sure that something is defect on the 14d

6 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

The complete mechanism on the newer models is not the same anymore as it was on the old KS14C....

In the IOS Settings under Bluetooth the device should Show as "KingSongMusic"....do you have a friend with an iphone or iPad? i dont now if an (old)Ipod Touch is able to connect to the newer Bluetooth Low Energy Standard?

So i would try with a friends iphone to set Music up...before it can be safe/sure that something is defect on the 14d

Thanks - good to know that I need to look for KingSongMusic. I'll experiment with an iPad (I have a current version of that). Guess I'm screwed either way regarding music because I'm not going to buy a new phone just for this wheel, and obviously don't want to buy the latest Touch or carry around an iPod. Oh well :(

I remembered i had some trouble the first time also to connect to the speakers on the 16S, but since then it always auto connect when powered on.

You can always try to start the wheel with the other "no balance/motor" button and see if you can connect to "KingSongMusic" then.

Once I opened my Bluetooth settings on the phone the KingSongMusic device appeared and I was able to connect. Hurray!  And I happen to have an iPod-to-Bluetooth adapter which connects, so I can use the iTouch too. The iTouch by itself is not able to pair with the 14S.

So overall, the Bluetooth is working great. I'm glad I no longer have to manually turn the Bluetooth on like I did on the 14C.

:thumbup:

Archived