Upgrading control board in a Ninebot one e to e+

Israel Aaron

Hi fellas 

I have a Ninebot one e, it has over 700km on it, been riding it for about a year now, when I did a small step hop it decided to do some crazy sh*t with the motor ribrating and beeping rapidly. Later I learned that my control board components burned. 

I bought a new e+ Control board from Ninebot and not knowing my Ninebot is a e model not e+, Anyways I installed it tried turning it on and all it did was beep once and flash green lights but did not stabilise, it's like the motor is not even connected,

I'm thinking that maybe u can't install a different control board in different models, which would only make sense! 

any ideas anyone?? 

Cheers looking forward to your response 

Aaron jez 

Not sure, but I think @SuperSport said once that when the board is changed, the new board has to be activated by Ninebot somehow.  In the old app there was an option to change the serial number, but looking at the new app, it's not there anymore.  You might have to send it to a dealer, or call speedyfeetuk and ask. https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/featured-collection/products/ninebot-one-e-gen2-single-wheel-transporter-35km-range  at the bottom right of the webpage is a support button.

Edited by steve454

• 2 years later...
On 9/3/2017 at 12:58 AM, Israel Aaron said:

Hi fellas 

I have a Ninebot one e, it has over 700km on it, been riding it for about a year now, when I did a small step hop it decided to do some crazy sh*t with the motor ribrating and beeping rapidly. Later I learned that my control board components burned. 

I bought a new e+ Control board from Ninebot and not knowing my Ninebot is a e model not e+, Anyways I installed it tried turning it on and all it did was beep once and flash green lights but did not stabilise, it's like the motor is not even connected,

I'm thinking that maybe u can't install a different control board in different models, which would only make sense! 

any ideas anyone?? 

Cheers looking forward to your response 

Aaron jez 

Is your MB equipped with 12 mosfets on the output? If so, you have an E+ motherboard. If it has 6 mosfets on the output, it is for the e. On the other hand, if it beeps continually, chances are that there is something else. These ninebot one are notorious for braking axles. I had 2 and both the axle broke. I only weigh 130# and never ride rough terrains except for grass fields such as schoolyards and football fields. I never hop or drop down sidewalks, or go down stairs. When the axles broke, both times the mother board fried at the same time due to the wires cutting at the axle brakage. I made beefier axles for mine and rebuilt the wheels. Now they are bullet proof. I cannot see that you can screw up the wire connections. Just make sure that all wires are connected. Mind you, if the lights are not connected or connected to the wrong strips, that would not prevent it from working. NO the E or E+ motherboards can be interchanged from one wheel to an other. I interchange mine for testing purposes without any problems. Or maybe they have been unlocked prior to shipping??? I know of others who changed their E+ motherboards without problems as well.

Tell me more what you did; send pictures if possible.

Ben  

Ninebot_One_E+_Axle_200dpi.jpg

Edited by Benphysics