After removing battery, can EUC be okay as checked baggage?

Naljasper

Hello everyone.

I'm newbie with my Ninebot one A1 that i bought in Vietnam. I'm going to go to Korea tonight and  trying  to find a way to bring it through. Vietnam Airlines said that they banned all the auto balance devices due to the danger of Ion Lithium battery. They accept under 160wh Lithium batter as hand luggage so I am planning on checking in the Ninebot One A1 after removing the battery that I will put it in my bag as hand luggage. The battery of Ninebot one S2 is 155hw so I think it may be okay. So do you guys think It could work? And please tell me your opinion or give me some advices.

Thanks and sorry for me bad English.

8 minutes ago, Naljasper said:

Vietnam Airlines said that they banned all the auto balance devices due to the danger of Ion Lithium battery. They accept under 160wh Lithium batter as hand luggage so I am planning on checking in the Ninebot One A1 after removing the battery that I will put it in my bag as hand luggage.

The simple answer to this is that several people have tried it, some have succeeded and some have not.

Airlines can refuse to carry whatever they want, whenever they want so the path of least resistance is to ban the EUC regardless of whether or not it actually has a battery in it. Don't forget that recently many airlines completely banned laptops from "suspect" countries.

A fuller discussion is to be found below, but your best bet will be to get it in writing from the airline that they will allow it, not forgetting you also have to get it through airport security as well.

You need to ask yourself also what are you going to do with the Ninebot if they refuse to carry it once you are at the airport - i.e. You might either lose the wheel or have to not make that flight?

31 minutes ago, Keith said:

You need to ask yourself also what are you going to do with the Ninebot if they refuse to carry it once you are at the airport - i.e. You might either lose the wheel or have to not make that flight?

Not so much of a problem on the way out as you could reclaim it on the way back through in most airports.

Trouble would be if you managed to fly out with it but couldn't get it through on the way back!

1 hour ago, Naljasper said:

Vietnam Airlines said that they banned all the auto balance devices due to the danger of Ion Lithium battery

When they have banned all self balancing vehicles (like about 90% off all Airlines did), you can even get Problems when transporting it WITHOUT Batterie!

I wanted to Transport a -no Batterie inside-KS16 in my luggage on an Emirates flight....no Chance! No Euc's is their policy....so it doesn't matter if it was with or without Batterie.

You can be lucky, if they just dont "check" it ...or see it...but as all luggage is x-rayed, can have a bad outcome. 

12 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

When they have banned all self balancing vehicles (like about 90% off all Airlines did), you can even get Problems when transporting it WITHOUT Batterie!

I wanted to Transport a -no Batterie inside-KS16 in my luggage on an Emirates flight....no Chance! No Euc's is their policy....so it doesn't matter if it was with or without Batterie.

You can be lucky, if they just dont "check" it ...or see it...but as all luggage is x-rayed, can have a bad outcome. 

Hm you might be able to get away with a mostly disassembled EUC... and when they ask declare those things in your luggage as parts for an EUC ... which will be technically correct ;) ... hopefully you will know how to assemble this pussle when you get to your destination :D

P.S.

If you go far enough you might be able to just declare it electronic parts and and a wheel ... 

Archived