Some advice please...

yes8s

there ARE wheels out there with 40km actual range.  but riding these leaves you tired, much like skiing does.(unless I am doing something wrong) so that much range is probably useless in RL since you would have your legs cramp up and be exhausted long before you reached 40km.  As a commuter vehicle, think more along the lines of ride it to the bus stop, or subway or whatever.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, the girl in video needed two T3s because of so short range, and would not be able to do video! To go beyond being just a 'toy' and be a real commuter vehicle, this things need to be able to go a real 40 Km range....

I'd have to somewhat disagree with that statement. I challenge you to do 40kms without a decent rest on any current EU and I'd bet you'd be stuffed by about the 25km mark. They're not designed for long distance - they call them "last mile" vehicles as in you'd use them to get from your house to a bus stop or train station or from a stop to your office/workplace - the last (or first) bit of your journey that you would usually just walk.

My current EU only gives me about 8kms of range. I don't ride for any real necessity (i.e. to work etc) but I still find the range a little limited when riding for fun. For a quick errand like picking something up from a local shop (1-2km) it's perfect but sometimes I could do with a little more distance. My ideal range would be somewhere around the 20-25 range - This would allow me to get to a place that is 10kms away and get back. If I really need to get anywhere further than that, I'd just drive (10min journey vs 1hr journey) - riding the EU would just not be practical.

It has it's place amongst the various modes of current transportation and I see it as more than a toy.

Higher capacity batteries can let the wheel provide reliable burst amperage even when "half full".

Great point. The last 25% of charge can get a little scary. Poor terrain or inclines can really suffer due to lack of raw power capability.

Hello,

My weight is 105 kg and I drive a Ninebot one and also IPS versions.

My feeling in relation to my weight is that I don't go under motors of 650 Watt.

500 is just a bit too light , and I had 2 crashes because of the wheel motor not able to respons quickly to my movements.

Can also probably be the cheaper gyro's inside...I suspect them from using high end gyro's and less expensive ones in relation to what you pay.

The lower end gyro's do less calcs to balance per second...

So 350 watt for me would be something I wouldn't trust with my weight.

However it can be still good for kids

Hope this helps

Jack you posted something and then you "Reported" your own post for deletion so I deleted it by mistake thinking I was clearing just the report notification instead.  The "Report" button is for reporting rule violations or spam.  You may post whatever you posted again as long as it wasn't spam.

great to see learning riding discussion. mine is ordered to Florida shipped today from aliexpress

here is the description.

Wheelbarrow Scooter Self-balancing Electric Unicycle Powered Single Wheeled Self Balancing VehicleDHL fast shipping from seller: smile hua

I am a little concerned with the 350W motor, as I am 95 kilos. but I can learn on it and get a more powerful better unicycle if needed. I ordered some knee pads and wrist guards. I remember trying to learn to ride a unicycle as a kid and getting no where. Somehow I think this will be easier (thanks youtube!) and thank you forum members talking about your experiences

• 4 weeks later...

well, it came timely!

I have been riding every day since. I love it! it is perfect for zooming around.

If somebody else is curious, please be sure to get shin guards and wear them on the insides of your legs (ouch)  

for learning, it took me about 2 hours riding time, maybe less, and now I use it to commute everyday to work (I ride to the bus stop)

Everybody stops and looks. all my co-workers are curious and interested.

I have maybe 3.5 hours on it now, I have only charged it 3 times, it is a really nice. 

Don't be slow to get one, dive right in!

great to see learning riding discussion. mine is ordered to Florida shipped today from aliexpress

here is the description.

Wheelbarrow Scooter Self-balancing Electric Unicycle Powered Single Wheeled Self Balancing VehicleDHL fast shipping from seller: smile hua

I am a little concerned with the 350W motor, as I am 95 kilos. but I can learn on it and get a more powerful better unicycle if needed. I ordered some knee pads and wrist guards. I remember trying to learn to ride a unicycle as a kid and getting no where. Somehow I think this will be easier (thanks youtube!) and thank you forum members talking about your experiences

At 95 kg and 350w motor you need to be careful.  Moderate demands for torque will likely cause a motor shut down.

Archived