Fellow Brits......

Paddylaz

Looking to get away for a day or two. Figured I might take my wheel so anyone have any recommendations of a good place to take it, and a good fun place in general?

Considered Brighton.....but open to suggestions. Anywhere in England! Just need to get the hell out of London.......

(Early or mid August.....dates still unsure)

How about Bournemouth beachfront  , Bath sorroundings cycle routes  , Weston Supermare beachfront , southsea beachfront , New Forrest , tarka trail , Camel trail , Exmouth ? . Just some sugestions of beautiful places in the southwest .

Hi  If you happen to go anywhere near Poole or Bournemouth email me,   you can.t ride on the promenade at Bournemouth between 9 - 6 in July or August but you can above it. anyway let me know wherever you manage to meet up in the south I would try to get there.

I work in Bournemouth quite a bit, didn't know there was another wheeler down there. 

I did ride along the path at the back of the beach from Branksome beach at the bottom of the Avenue. Was hoping to be able to get round to Poole harbour but couldn't figure out how to do it. I was a bit concerned about all the sand along the path getting into the wheel and causing accelerated wear. Was a nice ride tho.

@Paddylaz - brighton is good, you can get from the harbour at Shoreham all the way along to Marine Parade on the other side of brighton pier almost to the marina, maybe 5-6k? If the weather is nice at the weekend there are normally lots of people there, bikes, skateboards, in line skaters - i was there over the bank holiday last year and there were a ton of stalls and places selling food.

Let me know if you go and ill see if i can make it. Also need to come up to London too... :)

1 hour ago, nute said:

I work in Bournemouth quite a bit, didn't know there was another wheeler down there. 

I did ride along the path at the back of the beach from Branksome beach at the bottom of the Avenue. Was hoping to be able to get round to Poole harbour but couldn't figure out how to do it. I was a bit concerned about all the sand along the path getting into the wheel and causing accelerated wear. Was a nice ride tho.

@Paddylaz - brighton is good, you can get from the harbour at Shoreham all the way along to Marine Parade on the other side of brighton pier almost to the marina, maybe 5-6k? If the weather is nice at the weekend there are normally lots of people there, bikes, skateboards, in line skaters - i was there over the bank holiday last year and there were a ton of stalls and places selling food.

Let me know if you go and ill see if i can make it. Also need to come up to London too... :)

yes definitely! I am off to Paris on the 18th but up until then I have half the week free. So....considering a Brighton trip but also let me know if you fancy a day trip up to London and we'll sort something ?

Archived