Firmwares V1.2.2/V1.2.7/V1.2.8: 29 659 Mini "Recalled" officialy by Ninebot China...

How Ninebot recognizes a defect (software algorithm problem) in his frmware version....one year later!

It's available for the MINI PRO TOO because Mini Pro N3M320 didn't be sold before last may for chinese customers

Personaly i including the V1.2.8

{ V 1.2.7 RELEASE 13/05/2016  V 1.2.8 RELEASE 24/05/2016: 

Overall, users have never really had the v1.2.7 firmware, as they directly receive the update to v1.2.8 incorporating }

"V1.2.8 and later firmware versions, including the sale of products do not exist this problem"  !!!??? 

SOURCE  Ninebot News http://www.ninebot.cn/News-newsdetail-id-131.html

date : June 9 2017

"29,659 products are recalled + 27,341 products have been eliminated through the firmware upgrade" ( 57 000 Mini N3M240 around the world?)

TRANSLATION FROM CHINESE PAGE 

About Nahambo (Changzhou) Autonomous recall part of the N3M240 balance car description
2017-06-09
Recently, Nainbo (Changzhou) Technology Co., Ltd. to the State Administration of Quality Supervision, a self-record of the recall plan. Since June 9, 2017, recalled from March 22, 2016 to May 24, 2016 during the production of the firmware version V1.2.2 and V1.2.7 N3M240 balance car. A total of 29,659 products are recalled, and about 27,341 products have been eliminated through the firmware upgrade. Nainbo (Changzhou) Technology Co., Ltd. will inform and assist the users of the remaining 2318 products in time to update the vehicle to the latest version of the firmware The

This version of the firmware defect is a software algorithm problem, not a product hardware issue. Products that are not in this date range are manufactured with other versions of the firmware, and this defect does not exist. Vehicles within this version of the range, when the user riding close to the rated maximum speed, if you continue to make the body forward of the rapid acceleration action, may increase the risk of loss of balance vehicles. V1.2.8 and later firmware versions, including the sale of products do not exist this problem. The new firmware version adds the ability to intelligently detect the user's riding habits. When the user is speeding or hitting the vehicle, APP will push the message to warn the user to ride safely and at the same time reduce the rated speed of the vehicle to ensure The user's riding is safe.

Users can connect the vehicle through the mobile APP software, the vehicle directly to the firmware upgrade to solve the problem. You can also call the service hotline 400-607-0001 turn 9 to inquire whether the vehicle belongs to the scope of the recall and how to upgrade the vehicle to solve the problem.

Nainbo company will always put the user safety first, the user is recommended to ride the vehicle: wear protective gear, do not speed and speed up the ride, the latest updates to the latest firmware.

Recall Interpretation:

Q: How many cars are this recall?

A: The total recall of 2318 vehicles.

Q: How do I check if my vehicle is in the recall area?

A: open the phone APP, view the firmware version, firmware versions V1.2.2 and V1.2.7 belong to the recall range. Other firmware versions are not included in the recall range.

Q: What is the specific operation of the recall? Need to send the vehicle back to the factory?

A: The recall has nothing to do with the vehicle hardware, no need to send the vehicle back to the manufacturers, just yourself on the phone APP firmware upgrade to the latest version can be.

Q: Is the recalled vehicle because of quality problems?

A: The recall vehicles are no quality problems, but also the product hardware problems, but not part of the time to update the firmware of the vehicle can be updated in a timely manner.

Q: What kind of impact does the firmware do not upgrade on the vehicle? What will be the impact on the user?

A: firmware upgrade is to better improve the user riding experience, the performance of the vehicle itself has no effect. For users, the updated firmware can help users to develop safe riding habits, riding more secure.

17 hours ago, jojo33 said:

"29,659 products are recalled + 27,341 products have been eliminated through the firmware upgrade" ( 57 000 Mini N3M240 around the world?)

Thanks for that info.  Those figures should not be added together - 29k products had defective firmware, of which 27k have now been updated.  On top of the 29k products, later versions with 1.2.8 and higher have been sold, quantity unknown.

2 hours ago, Ozpeter said:

Thanks for that info.  Those figures should not be added together - 29k products had defective firmware, of which 27k have now been updated.  On top of the 29k products, later versions with 1.2.8 and higher have been sold, quantity unknown.

I do not know if it includes MINI PRO models sold outside of China or all activated models in the world.
It seems possible that these figures are those of the Chinese market only.

• 1 month later...

I bought my Mini Pro Street new in August 2017, and it came with Firmware 1.22. A few days later i had a faceplant while normal accelerating without any warning after riding more than 10 kilometers without any problems before. After the accident i searched for a reason and found this thread...

Archived