bad steering/board position with 1.2.2 firmware

my mini pro run on 1.2.2 and i feel like i might fall when reaching higher speed as the knees are almost out of the steering. is that due to 1.2.2? I dont have that problem with my xiaomi mini but the steering is obviously different.

look at the video below. When I want to bend my knee its almost impossible. it doest matter how I will ajust the knee bar. It force me to stand still which I hate and feel unsecure.

55 minutes ago, Wojciech Plocharski said:

my mini pro run on 1.2.2 and i feel like i might fall when reaching higher speed as the knees are almost out of the steering. is that due to 1.2.2? I dont have that problem with my xiaomi mini but the steering is obviously different.

Most probably, yes. I didn't ride that long on 1.2.2 but it is described by others as an overkill safe firmware (as in trying to slow you down and restricting max speed).

You could try other fw versions. I will publish a newer 9BDgrader package soon that suppose to work on both mini/Pro and 9b1.

1 hour ago, Vik's said:

Most probably, yes. I didn't ride that long on 1.2.2 but it is described by others as an overkill safe firmware (as in trying to slow you down and restricting max speed).

You could try other fw versions. I will publish a newer 9BDgrader package soon that suppose to work on both mini/Pro and 9b1.

wow that will be awesome. so shall i upgreade to 1.4.0? my xiaomi mini is on it but we all know the down side of restrictions... thats why i left my both mini pro running on 1.2.2 at the moment.

29 minutes ago, Ozpeter said:

Try leaning forward at the waist more, so your upper body weight is adding to the forward tilt.

for me that position is dangerous as when the legs are straight its more easy to facepalm which i dont want. the safest position is when the knees are bent and the upper body is straightish. then the risc of falling is smaller and you have more time to control falling. same like You would try to jump. more straight You are less time is You have to control if it make sence.

by the way: sorry for my english some times" i try my best ;)

2 hours ago, Wojciech Plocharski said:

wow that will be awesome. so shall i upgreade to 1.4.0? my xiaomi mini is on it but we all know the down side of restrictions... thats why i left my both mini pro running on 1.2.2 at the moment.

Do not upgrade to 1.4.0 yet if you can wait. There is no easy way to downgrade from 1.3.1 and 1.4.0 (only jtag method). I'll try to update the downgrade guide this weekend. The new 9BDgrader makes it easy to change firmware (anything between v1.1.7 - 1.2.8)

wow amazing ? Vick

2 hours ago, Vik's said:

I've just updated the "downgrade package" and made some adjustments to the instructions here:

@Wojciech Plocharski Now, you can try some of the earlier firmware versions like i.e. v1.1.7 to see if you like them better.

Wow amazing ? You are SUPER man ? much appriciate! I will check it tomorrow soon as I will get time for it. Hope that is not to difficult to do as I dont want to destroy nothing ;) dont want to cry like a baby ??? cheerse

3 minutes ago, Wojciech Plocharski said:

wow amazing ? Vick

Wow amazing ? You are SUPER man ? much appriciate! I will check it tomorrow soon as I will get time for it. Hope that is not to difficult to do as I dont want to destroy nothing ;) dont want to cry like a baby ??? cheerse

There shouldn't be any problems with downgrade process. But take it easy and make sure you follow the guide step by step. Good luck and come back to tell us about your results!

On 19/5/2017 at 7:29 PM, Vik's said:

......There is no easy way to downgrade from 1.3.1 and 1.4.0 (only jtag method).......

Please, can you explain us what is and how it works the jtag method ????:confused1::whistling::dribble:

@zugu, JTAG programmer is required to be tapped/soldered to the controller board in order to downgrade v1.3.1/1.4.x to lower versions. That way firmware can be written right to the memory without restrictions.

6 hours ago, Vik's said:

@zugu, JTAG programmer is required to be tapped/soldered to the controller board in order to downgrade v1.3.1/1.4.x to lower versions. That way firmware can be written right to the memory without restrictions.

Great ;)

Would be interesting to learn and known how it works,  what we need, where to buy and a step to step User guide. B)

22 hours ago, zugu said:

Great ;)

Would be interesting to learn and known how it works,  what we need, where to buy and a step to step User guide. B)

you can get help from our Russian 9bot lovers 

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=752809&view=findpost&p=60313425

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=752809&view=findpost&p=61571770

4 hours ago, ozzy said:

Thanks... if only I known Russian. ...:wacko:

Archived