Cheap Wheel for Friends to Try

Maximus

Hello, I'm looking for some suggestions from those of you that currently have a "throw away" or "cheaper" wheel...

NOTE: this thread is not intended to be negative towards any wheels

I'd like to pick up a second wheel that I can let my friends use when they ask to try out mine, rather than letting them bang up my V8 :huh:

I'd like to spend less than $300 and ideally closer to $200.  I've been looking at the Airwheel X3, which seems like a good fit, but I thought I'd throw it out to the group to see what others thought.  Not looking for anything too fast and range is not an issue.  It would be nice if it was durable and safe.

Thanks in advance for any help :thumbup:

There's plenty of wheels in the 200-250 range which includes the carry bags and I have been tempted to pick one up for the reasons you describe.

Now I have padded up my V5 with foam, and then over that I've put on the Inmotion cover, and then I've stuffed in the white packaging foam. Then I've had people try it on grass; my wheel does have a few scratches on the leading edge of the footpeg but that's it.

I don't think there's any way around it; people learning a wheel are going to drop it a lot.

I think you would want one with reliable electronics (so as not to kill your friendship or friend).   Rather than buy a no-name wheel, look on eBay for a used, beaten up, but reliable brand.  Think Ninebot or Airwheel EUCs that have been used.  You should be able to bid / bargain your way to a $150 wheel.

Hi,

i actually use an Airwheel X3 for learning to ride.
Pro: Its slow and undestroyable ;)
The little Battery is ok for learning.

Con: Very tricky to drive for beginners. Because the small hight
between the legs is uncomfortably. The upper edges pressing
on the leg - cause they are not round and soft enough.
No way to drive a longer distance.

Otherwise you wont pick up any cheaper euc.

I only give 100€ for mine.

Archived