Unicycles you can sit on

Cloud

What do you guys think about unicycles with a seat, or ones you can sit on? I am currently looking to buy a wheel, i thought id go for a ips but now i am leaning more towards a ninebot or maybe a kingsong. 

Kingson has a 18 incher about 70cm tall that you can sit on. Does anyone have experience riding a similar one?

is it more stable/ comfortable because of the lower center of mass?

is it less maneuverable than a standing one because its heavier and harder to maneuver in a seating position?

any other thoughts?

i can feel that i will pull the trigger  very soon. Need a crash course.

thanks 

I saw the big EUC and you dont want to lug this thing around, I'd say you will handle this like a bike, parking it outside and not lifting it ever. Thats what I like about the smaller ones, no issues lifting it up for a few stairs and then drive on.

There is another EUC thats built like the classic unicycle with the banana-shaped saddle, just electricly selfbalanced. Review on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO2ppYsaZd0 IDK though. It just does not look cool enough riding it :P

.. It just does not look cool enough riding it :P

Lol -- actually, that is quite important in practice I think for something to catch on B)  I certainly like the single wheel EUC in a big part because of its elegance, its compactness, and because you don't look like a dork when riding it (as opposed to say ... a Segway :D)

Hi Jag

i learned how to ride a unicycle on the SBU, it is nice to have a seat, when your butt gets sore you can stand and then before you know it your ready for a eu with no seat.

so maybe just start with no seat and get a Ninebot one ( only because I don't know the other brands you are referring to ) it's a very nice ride and more stable over the SBU.

but don't be shy and hold on to someone'arm while you start your practice, the hardest part to ride one is getting on.

have fun

mike

I saw the big EUC and you dont want to lug this thing around, I'd say you will handle this like a bike, parking it outside and not lifting it ever. Thats what I like about the smaller ones, no issues lifting it up for a few stairs and then drive on.

There is another EUC thats built like the classic unicycle with the banana-shaped saddle, just electricly selfbalanced. Review on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO2ppYsaZd0 IDK though. It just does not look cool enough riding it :P

i agree on the sbu, you could look strange riding it and not very comfortable. Besides at the price of $1700 plus having a range of 10 miles doesnt sound too impressive.

but what about kingsong? Their 18" comes with a seat that looks much mire comfortable, although i have no idea if it is. It is kinda large ( about 70cm tall) and heavy (18kg) but riding it shoukd look better than the sbu? What do you guys think? See attached images

Hi Jag

i learned how to ride a unicycle on the SBU, it is nice to have a seat, when your butt gets sore you can stand and then before you know it your ready for a eu with no seat.

so maybe just start with no seat and get a Ninebot one ( only because I don't know the other brands you are referring to ) it's a very nice ride and more stable over the SBU.

but don't be shy and hold on to someone'arm while you start your practice, the hardest part to ride one is getting on.

have fun

mike

ninebot is what i am considering also, but it bothers me that they dont have a 680wh version. Id like ti be able to travel for more than 90 minutes on a single charge. It looks super cool but sounds kinda heavy for a 320wh unit (14kg)? It seems that other brands weigh the same at the 680 level??

image.jpg

image.jpg

so I watched this video and I have to say half of what they say is true.

#1 first off walking with the SBU is nice because you use the seat like a handle you don't have to pick it up you just roll it.

#2 it's not like a bike, you do bring it inside I do I take it in the grocery store and anywhere else.

#3 the seat,it's not a very comfy seat but you can ride it and stand to give your but a rest.

in the video at the end if you want to learn and get off on the right foot have someone walk with you while you hold their arm for balance and remember you ride from your core.

mike

Dont get me wrong, dont want to downplay any of the EUC in this Thread. I think all the ideas deserve to be checked out, in the end its always what you as the rider needs/wants.

I for myself looked at the SBU as well, but as said above the price and the range didnt compel to me. I ride 20 minutes per commute, twice a day, I have a sitting  job so its actually a big benefit for me to stand upright for 40 minutes a day.

I ended up getting the ninebot E+ for the 30km range per charge and the great looks. The local law also played into my decision not to get a device that goes over 20kph or has more than 500w or I'd need a license plate, a insurance as well as a yearly check up.

Archived