vag72

7 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

@zlymex I see a seat post attachment. I was looking at one of those. Are they fun to use?

The post is for seat and for handle too. Seat-ride is superposed to be less tiredness for long distance trip but difficult to manoeuvre.  Plus, there is a learning curve for that. I get used to standing-ride and often ride more than 60km on one go without any difficulty.

I use the handle mostly because it's center-positioned and very strong so that I can just lift with it(short period of course) or push the EU while power-on when encounter obstacles.

handle-seat.jpg

On 12/10/2015 at 11:00 AM, zlymex said:

Thanks, I'll just put the procedure below.
1. Open the case
2. Find two pieces of wires(1mm^2 roughly) and carefully solder to the charge socket 1=positive, 3=negative
(the socket already uses 2=positive, 4=negative for charging)
3. Solder the other end of the wires to the battery output wires. It's better to put a 15A car fuse in series.
4. Prepare external batter pack as usual. I use 16 Panasonic NCR18650B. Better to make purchase off-shell with BMS inside.
5. Buy a pair of 4-pin plug/socket, use two pieces of wires to joint pin 2 and 4 for charge.
6. Solder the external battery to the plug: 1=positive, 3=negative.
7. Attach the battery pack to the wheel by double-sided adhesive tape and string . The photo shown is for my IPS122, which I also added external batteries the same way.
8. Plug the new plug to the wheel only when their voltages are equal(or less than 3V in difference). Afterwards, there is no need to unplug except for measurement, examine or repair purposes. Use the new socket to charge internal and external batteries at the same time.

A130B1.jpg

A130B2.jpg

A130B3.jpg

A130B4.jpg

A130B6.jpg

T260B7.jpg

at least now, there is a batt mod.  an ext batt pack for added range & perhaps a useful mode of transport.

On 12/10/2015 at 2:19 PM, zlymex said:

The post is for seat and for handle too. Seat-ride is superposed to be less tiredness for long distance trip but difficult to manoeuvre.  Plus, there is a learning curve for that. I get used to standing-ride and often ride more than 60km on one go without any difficulty.

I use the handle mostly because it's center-positioned and very strong so that I can just lift with it(short period of course) or push the EU while power-on when encounter obstacles.

handle-seat.jpg

just curious about the handle, how did you mount?

1 hour ago, joelren2k said:

just curious about the handle, how did you mount?

For the top part of the handle(or seat), there is a quick release just like bicycle seat.
For the bottom part, it all about how and when to tighten up those 4 nuts and 2 bolts.
seatbase.jpg.f138e394441c0fbbb31da4ea96d
This link is where I bought the thing. There is a video for how to mount.

12 hours ago, zlymex said:

For the top part of the handle(or seat), there is a quick release just like bicycle seat.
For the bottom part, it all about how and when to tighten up those 4 nuts and 2 bolts.
seatbase.jpg.f138e394441c0fbbb31da4ea96d
This link is where I bought the thing. There is a video for how to mount.

got it.  i taught its a DIY.  very nice.

thanks a lot.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2015 at 2:57 AM, trya said:

- speed: surprisingly higher than stated (based on GPS - I reached 19 kmh) - and I didn't push it beyond the first warning beep, pedals are starting to rise very gently, just before the beeping, and pedals are raised just to the level of being noticed, unlike Airwheel, where pedal ride up to the state of disomfort somewhere starting from 10-12 kmh)

How? :D Based on multiple GPS apps I've used (and based on my feeling) I couldn't go faster than 13-14kmh before it starts to beep aggressively. Is there a mileage you need to get to before it unlocks higher speed or something? (My weight: 56kg, so that can't be a factor I guess.)

49 minutes ago, Milo Dorigo said:

How? :D

No unlocking as far as I know. Actually IPS doesn't have BT app, so I'm sure that there are no controllable settings there.
My 19kmh number was "max speed" registered by "My tracks" app, and it might have been an outlier, so I won't insist on that :)
What I know for sure is that riding it around 14-15kmh (by GPS)  is no problem (even though it beeps), and that it is noticeably faster than Airwheel X8 (maybe because I can't get X8 to a higher speed due to its aggressively tilted pedals). Overall, maybe our experience is not that different, even though my weight is 75kg :) 

7saz9bH.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi I bought one of these for my kids, but I have a question: does yours beep on startup? Ours doesn't and I'm wondering if the buzzer is broken. This being the case I don't want to take it too fast, but I would like confirmation that I can count on a beep to know when to slow down 

Archived