Gotway 4.0 APP crashing

HugoFilipe

Hello,

Just received my MCM2s and tried to connect to the Bluetooth app.

The application opens but as soon as I it detects the eu crashes.

I tried this with the 4.0 version and 3.52.

also tried in 2 different phones, a S3 and a S5

Tried to pair on the phone before opening the app and the crash still occurs. 

Any hints?

Anyway, 1st day I went to test it for about 5km, speed beeps are annoying, but overal it's nice. :)

I believe you have to pair the phone first before you open the app if I remember correctly.

It was a long time ago though. It works fine on my S5 and adding additional Gotways is easy but confusing in that you can't always remember which wheel is which from the list of meaningless gotway blue tooth names, I have 4 that i connect so it really does get confusing.

;) Yes... Android 5.0.1 Lollipop

Maybe it has to do with Lollipop.  I haven't tested the Gotway app with my wheels since I've upgraded my Note 4 to 5.0.1.  Unfortunately I won't have access to my wheels until Monday or Tuesday to test.  I will be able to test with my M10 then.  Will report back then.  Meanwhile can you try someone else's Android phone that is lower than Lollipop just to see if it works?  EDIT: I see that you tried on an S3 (I assume that is sub 5.0).  Hmm strange.

I installed the app and connected to all four of my wheels before my phone upgraded and it worked then. The upgrade to Lollipop happened and the app is still working but it wasn't actually installed on Lollipop so I couldn't say if that's the problem.

hmm. How to change the language my app is english not russian.

Do I have to press the little button on the m10 behind the transparent led ring ?

You have to change the language in your phone (in Android settings). Not the app itself. 

20150430_123438.thumb.jpg.ae074911fe535fAs far as I can see from the wires going to the button on the right it only has the red and black switch wires and the white wires which are for the power indicator leds. No other functions.

As far as I can see from the wires going to the button on the right it only has the red and black switch wires and the white wires which are for the power indicator leds. No other functions.

Gotway M10 Button I made a video i dont know what it is for :wacko:

Great to see you have it resolved (workaround at least).

Did you decompiled the Original app ? 

If yes I can edit the strings to German so you can compile a German App :D .

I don't like to have all in english :) 

Did you decompiled the Original app ? 

If yes I can edit the strings to German so you can compile a German App :D .

I don't like to have all in english :) 

No.  I don't have a decompiled version.  This was what Gotway supplied to us unfortunately.  @Jane Mo are you aware of this?

Archived