Unboxed my Msuper

Duf

Duf,

congrats.... 

We need more videos

and you and I should get together in Sarasota, or halfway between our homes and ride soon

my MSuper v3 will be here on Friday

you are ahead of me in your EUC skills it will take me a little bit of time to catch up (if I ever will.... LOL)

then there are so many wonderful places to ride in Sarasota. We can even make a nice video about it.

The very best to you, always

Nice vid! 

Turning is IMO more a function of the wheel size, dimensions, and displacement of weight; and less about the actual amount of weight (even 14" wheels are fairly heavy at 25-27lbs).

The center of mass of an 18" wheel is higher, thus the rider + EUC overall center of mass is higher as well, so the pivot from where you initiate turns in your body must become higher.

In my experience (my height is 5'8") from owning and regularly riding all size wheels:

14" - basic turns with the least amount of effort come from pivoting around your ankle to mid-shin

16" - basic turns with the least amount of effort come from pivoting around your ankle to knee

18" - basic turns with the least amount of effort come from pivoting around your ankle to mid-thigh or hips

An 18" wheel forces you to initiate turns from your hips if you want to achieve the same kind of regular turns you are used to on a 16" or 14" EUC.

But once you do master full hip turning, you can re-apply this technique to smaller 16" & 14" EUCs in order to achieve deeper carving turns, closer to bending the wheel parallel to the ground (ala motocross bike racers who lean their bikes to the point of touching their knees to the ground).

Archived