Car batteries and motorcycle.

I would like to use two car or motorcycle batteries increasing autonomy (the weight also ok) but greatly reducing the cost?
I want to use in a airwell x8 or diy one ... With the instructions I have seen here and with the kits of alibaba.

http://reseller.alibaba.com/product-detail/16-electric-unicycle-Controller-with-bluetooth_60288223259.html?spm=a2700.7765678.1998649852.2.PS3ItX&spm=a2700.7765678.1998649852.2.PS3ItX
http://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/High-speed-500w-brushless-motor-self_60457898943.html?spm=a2700.7765678.1998649852.6.PS3ItX

I'm not a battery expert, but I think lead acid batteries are quite heavy, bulky and usually put out 6 to 12 volts of power in short bursts of high cranking amps for engine starting.  Taller RV batteries like two 6 volt Trojan batteries can be connected in series for dry camping in a motorhome, but they weigh a ton.  To get 67.2 volts you might have to step up the voltage a bit, but I think 18650 cells may pack a bit more sustained and maintainable punch for EUC purposes in a smaller, more mobile package.

Best bet might be to add on 18650 battery packs or have a backpack battery pack with cable to supply external power.  Lead acid batteries aren't suitable I would think?  My UPS has two very heavy cells and can run my workstation and monitor  for about 15 to 20 minutes.  A computer doesn't draw as much peaky power I think as compared to a EUC.  I can't imagine riding on a wheel with two UPS batteries on it - it would weigh a ton!

Speedyfeet UK did do some mods to a Ninebot by adding external 18650 packs and was able to increase his range greatly at the expense of added weight and nimbleness.

5 hours ago, Giovanni Darienzo said:

I would like to use two car or motorcycle batteries increasing autonomy (the weight also ok) but greatly reducing the cost?

You could use this batteries to increase autonomy as external battery back to charge your build in 18650 li ion battery pack while driving. You just have to find a dc/dc converter capable of transforming you 6/12V to the internal battery pack voltage and provide an output current of ~2A. More details you'll find here:

but i can not imagine driving around with an 350Wh car battery in my backpack. And smaller ones ( ~10-50Wh) will give you neglectible range increases....

car batteries have (compared to li ion) a very bad energy density.. 

Regarding the diy wheel you'd ask our diy experts directly (in their threads regarding this topic) or "mention" them using @ and choose their names from the drop box (so they get notified). 

But also chances could be good, that they come by this thread by accident.

if i remember right here we have (at least) two diy wheelers, one active in the firmware thread and the other created something like the "3d printed euc" thread. Imho there could be also already  a "diy wheel" topic?

Edit: Just did a quick search - the following topics imho could be of your interest:

Archived