Anyone have trouble openining inmotion 6.1.1 update?

Boxer Rebellion

12 minutes ago, Boxer Rebellion said:

Hi all, I just downloaded the InMotion 6.1.1 software update to my Android Nexus 5, but cannot open the file. Anyone experience the same issue? any advice on how to open this update?

It has opened / installed fine for me but I'm using ES File explorer. How exactly are you trying to open it? Do you have enabled installations form unknown sources?

huh...need English translation...lol, I'm not so IT savvy. Here what I did:

1) opened the InMotion app on my Nexus 5 phone

2) I see this pop up display

Screenshot_20160930-213237.png

3) I clicked yes, and begin download

4) Once download completed, I tried to open and see this

2900.png

I did it twice, that's why there's two file displayed, but could not open

I concur with others that the IM App is extremely rough and quirky. Could it be that you need to allow installation from "unknown sources". On my Samsung S7 it's under "Lock screen and security".

I started out by downloading the app via scanning of the QR-code on the back of the manual. This version and the upgrade to latest version did not succeed in connecting to the wheel but after uninstalling and installing the Play Store version it worked as did the now upgraded version. Each installation required allowance to install from "unknown sources" but I was presented this option automatically, which the OS-version on your Nexus might not do.

No, I can't see any improvements in performance or features. In all honesty I haven't been grinding the app or the V8 very hard. (I want my back injury to heal up some more after my Airwheel went limp and dropped me.)

It was easy to update on my phone but then it couldn't connect to my V3S anymore even when my phone was already connected via Bluetooth so I downgraded back to the August version on the play store which works without error.

19 minutes ago, Wheelie said:

It was easy to update on my phone but then it couldn't connect to my V3S anymore even when my phone was already connected via Bluetooth so I downgraded back to the August version on the play store which works without error.

Thanks for reporting this bug, will forward onto HQ. 

51 minutes ago, Boxer Rebellion said:

@Jason McNeil not sure if this applies to the update issue I had, but it looks like others are have update software issues as well

Nexus 5X, downloaded installed the 6.11 update, it's able to connect to V5F+, V8 , & V3Pro. 

@Boxer Rebellion if you install TotalCommander & go to the properties of the file, what's the precise file size of the inMotion-6.1.1.apk, mine is 26557726 Bytes

3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Nexus 5X, downloaded installed the 6.11 update, it's able to connect to V5F+, V8 , & V3Pro. 

@Boxer Rebellion if you install TotalCommander & go to the properties of the file, what's the precise file size of the inMotion-6.1.1.apk, mine is 26557726 Bytes

@Jason McNeil  yes, that is correct, mine is 26557726 Bytes (25 MB) as well

Archived