Wear a helmet

Citi Wheel

I, too, appreciate this reminder. How many people i see in videos on this form and elsewhere riding without protection for the most important part of their body. As a physician I am seeing the results of accidents and poor preparation preceding them. I am seeing people here with videos of their children riding without any protection on their head, either. That makes me sad and, quite frankly, a bit angry.

Please protect your heads because I want everyone around here to be present on this wonderful forum and in life fourth long as possible

Thanks, again, for this thread

Thanks for the reminder, I did get the wee man a helmet when we got his EUC......  but it was too big so I had to take it back to the shop where they also didn't have one to fit, so we had planned to shop around and actually not done it yet!   

Deffo will take him helmet shopping when he is back his holidays, as was just one of those things we haven't got round to yet!  

I have been guilty of allowing him to ride without one.

Thankfully we have been very lucky.  

I used to not wear a helmet, I hated having to put that thing on and mess up my hair, etc. 

Then I happen to bump into a cousin I hadn't seen in a while. He works at the ER, and estimated that 90% of bikers coming in that didn't wear a helmet die or end up with serious consequences. Now I never leave without one, even if I'm riding a couple of blocks away.

I'm pretty careful, but I have no control over other bikers, cars, etc. And every once in a while, I do something that immediately after I think "That wasn't very smart".

Archived