Old Firmware - Any benefit to leaving 1.27?

JaysDMC

I've been successfully riding with firmware 1.27 for about 10 months now without any issues at all.  I've seen success and horror stories with firmware updates.

Bottom line, are there any benefits for me to leave 1.27 and upgrade to the latest firmware revision?  Or should I not fix what isn't broken?

I'm on 1.2.5, and it's been running fine.  Others are on 1.2.3.   I figure if it's not broken don't fix it although I hear 1.4.0 is stable.  They may have tweaked some things for safety or performance or adjusted the riding behaviour somewhat.  I hear that turning angles are improved somehow.  Maybe it detects the tilt angle during a turn and angles the pedals up slightly to reduce chances of front outer corner pedal drag?  If you still are under warranty you could try upgrading, but keep in mind there isn't a known way of going back to older firmware as far as I know for the NB1.

If I remember well,  1.2.7 was excellent. Some people have riden thousands kms with it.  If you switch to 1.4.0,  you can not be sure that you will be pleased and, if it is not the case,  you will not be able to roll back...As a result of the operation,  one thing is sure : you will earn a slight whistling noise that did not exist before 1.3.

Archived