MSuper stuttering...did I fry my motor?

Morgan

Hi all,

My nephew lost his balance while learning to ride my wheel along a wall, and hopped off.  The wheel kept going and got wedged, so that the unit was tilted forward and was still trying to turn, but couldn't.  Now when I turn the unit on, it works, but stutters wildly (video attached).  The wheel feels and sounds normal when spun or rolled with the power off.  I'll open it and have a look when I get a chance, but wonder if anyone has seen this symptom or has any ideas.

Thanks KingSong69.  To clairify, the unit was still upright when it came to rest so no auto shutdown, but wedged under a lip on the wall, so the wheel couldn't turn, though it was definitely trying to.  I managed to shut it off within 3 seconds.  

19 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Thanks KingSong69.  To clairify, the unit was still upright when it came to rest so no auto shutdown, but wedged under a lip on the wall, so the wheel couldn't turn, though it was definitely trying to.  I managed to shut it off within 3 seconds.  

thats one of the worst cases that could happen to a wheel...3 seconds is short...but could be to long...checkthe motherboard for burnings....

This is a common problem, but the fix is easy:

The board or the side panel is lose be cause the screws are not tightened now. Then the board is shaking, making the gyro thinking your EUC is shaking and hence reacts to counter the shaking. Just open the side panel tighten all screws. It will work again.

Thanks EUCMania....I wish the solution was that simple - the board is perfectly secure.  It does seem like a lazy gyro though - as I tilt the wheel the motor doesn't smoothly and immediately react, but pauses, then "jumps" to keep up.

On 11. August 2016 at 8:36 PM, Morgan said:

Okay, no sign of burning on the motherboard or wires.  Are the MOSFETs built into the battery packs?  Any way to test them?

the Mosfets...are the 6 thingies screwed on the metal heatsink!

check each one of them very good...get your nose on them, if they smell burned....

• 4 weeks later...

I have an iWheel that is exhibiting the exact same problem.  The motherboard is very secure, so I do not believe it a loose sensor.  I am guessing the problem is coming from the motherboard and not the hub motor, but I'm not positive.

Any updates on this issue?

Archived