Exporting Xiaomi Ninebot to Europe

Hello all

So I bought last week the Xiaomi Ninebot here: http://www.mi.com/scooter/ and it was received today by my Chinese friend who will ship this to me.

I now realized that there are some issues with the app activation if done outside china.

Can you please tell me if this will work in my country straight forward? Or what steps should I do to make this thing drive? (firmware downgrade, proxy activation, or even activating it now in china before it ships).

I will strongly appreciate your valuable help!

Just ask your friend to activate it in China. It only takes a minute. (I activated mine in China in May with my European mobile number.)

Make sure he writes down/shares the security code he enters at time of activation.

I would also ask him to test drive it indoors to make sure the Ninebot is working properly before he ships it.

Just out of curiosity, how will he ship it to you? (Service provider and cost?)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, adonis said:

And should I also tell my chinese guy to do the firmware upgrade for me or I can do this myself once it is activated?

hello

yes , ask for firmware update too , and dont forget ask him memorize login and password for authentification if he create one

Edited by jojo33

It's better to buy it from the EU dealers. I don't know where you live in the Europe. If you are in France, you are in luck.

Boulanger FR is selling miniPro 320 at EUR799 including VAT and you can activate it normally. Why go through all the international shipping and activation trouble? From what I heard, Carrefour FR might take it in the range soon... finger crossed.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:25 PM, ATH said:

Just ask your friend to activate it in China. It only takes a minute. (I activated mine in China in May with my European mobile number.)

Make sure he writes down/shares the security code he enters at time of activation.

I would also ask him to test drive it indoors to make sure the Ninebot is working properly before he ships it.

Just out of curiosity, how will he ship it to you? (Service provider and cost?)

Do we really have 60 seconds to activate the mini xiaomi ?

4 hours ago, sendaoo said:

Do we really have 60 seconds to activate the mini xiaomi ?

Yes

At the moment where you entry your phone number you will received SMS with coda, since this moment you have 60 seconds to entry coda

if you don't do it, you must try again, fill your phone number and received by sms your coda for entry it

the best is a skype conversation with chinese friend

many users do it with skype

Finally. I ask my friend in china to unlock it for me via We-Chat .

I have try to receive SMS in HK but it is not work as well.

It said that Fail to Activated Due to Activated Vehicle Quantity Has Exceed Limit of The Mobile No.

https://www.textmagic.com/free-tools/receive-free-sms-online/7267

Edited by sendaoo

• 3 years later...