Light Electric Vehicles in Finnish national news

esaj

Situation Switzerland (not in the EU but alligned with the EU regulations and UN regulations):

type approved (all current are not safety reliable so no type approval possible), max speed limit 20 km/h, max 2 KW steady power (ISO 60034-1), light, rear reflector, a defined brake power.

needs to be registered as an eBike (subcatagory standup rollers (Segway, EUs))

needs an liability insurance and motorcycle licence plate

Situation Germany:

No regulation in place, gov is looking into this - maybe like Segways in the end

Police collects EU if they see them in public traffic, the driver get it back after inspection

a bill of up to 230 EUR, 1 Point in germans traffic register (reaching a defined level of points you're forced to hand out your driver licence for some time)

Can we create a map with links to the regulations (if in place)?

Are helmets mandatory for cyclists where you live?  

The phrasing of the law is so ambiguous ("...should usually wear..."), that basically no? Although I seem to recall that somewhere this was interpreted so that you could get fined for it (the minimal traffic fine, which just went up to what, 40€?), I've never heard that anyone has actually got a ticket for riding without a helmet.

The phrasing of the law is so ambiguous ("...should usually wear..."), that basically no? Although I seem to recall that somewhere this was interpreted so that you could get fined for it (the minimal traffic fine, which just went up to what, 40€?), I've never heard that anyone has actually got a ticket for riding without a helmet.

Interesting phrasing for a law.  Seems like a fine would be very easy to challenge in a non-authoritarian country.

I might get a helmet when I start trying to learn how to go backwards.  Right now I have an injury so am going very slowly.

Archived