MCM4 Vs Ninebot

How can you make a wheel that doesn't work with ios?

This MCM4 goes very well. But when I read all the reliability issues Gotway have, I really think I've made a huge mistake. The quality of this unit just isn't there. It looks cheap plastic. There are clearly electronic issues and oh...there's no ios app, which is insane. The lights, apart from the white strip lights, are only suitable for 10 year old's or people in Japan who like tacky multi colour flashy lights. In short, my Ninebot has more class and just feels/looks/is better made. 

As a contra to above, it does go well, even if I can't unlock the speed without an ios app. Feels safer (until the electronics go wrong...at which point i'll change my mind :-)The hill pulling power is excellent and blows the E+ out of the water. But in every other respect the E+ is a better unit. Miles better. So as soon as Ninebot get something comparable I'm out of here and justifiably so! 

There....my head is firmly above the parapet...start shooting! HaHa!

Hey Remy, bought a ninebot E+ 2 months ago and just got hands on MCM4 HS 340mh. So i can talk about comparisons, just made it to work today in 31 min instead of 42 with the ninebot, so overall i like the way the MCM is moving. It's a bit disturbing in the beginning from ninebot to MCM as ninebot you need to push harder on the pedals and you do not have the impression as on MCM that the pedals are going down towards front. So a little bit of use is required but now after a few hours it seem much more easy than before. What i don't like is the app. It's not yet fully bug free and lacks of important things as compared to Ninebot. (No distance remaining, battery level is changing all the time and you cannot have a precise measure of autonomy. But wheel wise i like it well. As said and read before, it's a 14 inches wheel the MCM so smaller more maniability but indeed on the imperfect belgian roads it's a bit more bumpy than ninebot.

This is how i see it. 

On 7/29/2016 at 8:49 AM, remycat said:

How can you make a wheel that doesn't work with ios?

New App was launched yesterday for IOS....  Link here

I've gone from a Ninebot C+ to an MSuper, and across London, there isn't much between them on pace - the Bot being so much more maneuverable/agile - but then again, I did hit 34km/h on the MSuper this morning & at nearly 20 miles, still had 2 battery lights left (of 4)..... :D

BUT, I still miss the Ninebot - it's just a really nicely made bit of kit, with an app that looks professional. 

• 3 weeks later...

I dont think that the mcm4 gets enough credit, it is a fabulous 14 inch wheel. mine is 680wh battery HS version, I couldn't be more happy. its very stable smooth and maneuverable. its fast as well as has good torque. Dont have much experience with the 9bot. But I can say the mcm4 is good money in my opinion. had mine 4 months now. still impressed with it.:D

Archived