Ninebot One E+ Lights Stopped Working

Hunka Hunka Burning Love

I noticed that the lights on my Ninebot stopped working on both sides.  I had thought maybe they got accidentally turned off in the app, but after checking the light settings they still don't turn on at all.  I checked the connectors to both sides, and they seem to be okay.   On the green 1.3.1 control board there is one flashing red light, two (IIRC) solid green ones plus one solid red.  

Does that sound pretty normal?  It's very strange.  Everything else seems to be running properly.  I like the lights as they give me some visual confirmation on startup as to the battery charge.

Okay I fixed it myself. After powering up the wheel, I connected the app and played around with the lights setting some more.  I set the switches to their defaults of on for everything.  I tapped the wheel which made it beep, but no lights were on.  Usually it will scroll through the lights settings.  I turned off the wheel, and turned it back on and sure enough the lights are back on.  It might be just a glitch with firmware 1.2.5   - I'm not sure.  I vaguely recall someone else complaining that their lights went out many moons ago.

EDIT:. I wonder if it had to do something with the "Lamp Power Switch" setting.  I had switched it off, but after toggling it and rebooting things seem fine again.  Does anyone know what that settng is for?

I think that was @norway1 who said after updating the app he lost the ability to control the lights, but that was a long time ago.  I recently updated to the latest version of the app, and now sometimes it takes 2 or 3 minutes to connect with the Bot.  Sometimes connects right away.  I got 200 points in the app for updating:mellow:  Have you gotten any notifications of new app available since you got your Flame Edition?

I think my app version is 1.3.5.  I downloaded it before I got my wheel, and I didn't notice any new app update messages.  I do get the new firmware message at the bottom every time I run the app, but I just cancel it.  My lights went off again so that's weird.  I had to set the lamp power switch setting back to on and do a reboot.

24 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I think my app version is 1.3.5.  I downloaded it before I got my wheel, and I didn't notice any new app update messages.  I do get the new firmware message at the bottom every time I run the app, but I just cancel it.  My lights went off again so that's weird.  I had to set the lamp power switch setting back to on and do a reboot.

I think that is the latest app version, have you ever tried to change the slider on the riding sensitivity and it would not move sometimes and then sometimes the slider works fine?  That has happened to me several times, sometimes I drag my finger and it slides way over to say, 7 or 8, and then won't go back, and today it was working fine, I could change the setting back and forth to whatever I wanted.  Frustrating sometimes:huh:

Yes i noticed that too.  I had it on zero, but I heard people liked setting 3 so I tried it.  I didn't notice a huge difference so I set it to 1.  It doesn't slide that well, but maybe it's trying to update the setting as you're sliding it so there's a delay?  I dunno.

The bluetooth connection is a little buggy, but it never takes 2-3 minutes on my iPhone.  It takes a few seconds like 5-8, and sometimes it doesn't find the wheel so I have to search again which usually works.  While riding it tends to disconnect which is annoying, but I don't use the app while moving that much - only to check the speed.  22 kph seems so slow now for some reason... I had to check it...

EDIT:  If anyone is curious the lights on my Ninebot with firmware 1.2.5 seem to roll in the reverse direction when set to Boy Meets Girl.  I ended up swapping the two plugs that go to each light ring, and it's working correctly now.  Before, a forwards roll would result in the lights moving in the opposite direction.

Archived