Android app built for KingSong. Does it work with Gotway?

JumpMaster

Hi,

I've built an app for my KingSong so I can get a dashboard on my Pebble watch.  Could someone test if it works on a Gotway please?

I'm curious if this line of code is what stops the standard KingSong Android app from working with Gotway Wheels.
https://github.com/JumpMaster/WheelLogAndroid/blob/master/app/src/main/java/com/cooper/wheellog/WheelLog.java#L69-L71

Here's version 0.9 (RC1).  I'll be publishing it on the Android and Pebble Stores once the last of the bugs are ironed out.
https://github.com/JumpMaster/WheelLogAndroid/releases/tag/0.9

Thanks,
Kev

I'm not sure at all! Questioning whether my app works with a Gotaway wheel is purely based on known their apps used to be compatible so I'm assuming there's some underlying similarity?

I noticed your app yesterday that works with both models.  Are Gotaway and Kingson based on the same mainboard/bluetooth module?

I took a quick look at the Gotway app. I can't believe how bad these apps are! The KingSong and Gotway apps are just Google Example apps which is fine, but don't leave it called com.example.bluetooth.le!

From looking at the code I wouldn't believe these two are even slightly compatible.  The characteristics are only different by 1 character but the data they send and receive from the wheel is completely different.

Great work making an app that works with both! D:)

The older mainboards used Bluetooth 2.0 (serial port profile), and apparently the first King Song firmwares were based on reverse-engineered Gotway firmware, that's why they're compatible (there's one very slight difference between the protocols, but nothing major). Bluetooth LE is a different beast... ;)

So Wheelemetrics only works for older Gotways (like MSuper 2) and King Songs.

• 5 months later...

is there any chance to get the app 'wheellog' running on pebble compatible to gw MSuper V2 ?
is it technically possible to be compatible to the newer and older bluetooth protokoll ?
if not, what would be the effort to build a wheellog app for gw MSuper V2 ?

Archived