when should NB e+ turn off

tjcooper

still learning my Ninebot E+ without the training wheels.  Almost to the point where I can ride for 10 seconds without loosing balance.  But strange thing happens when I hop off the unit.  It sometimes falls over on the leg covers and stops, but when I pick up the unit most of the time, the gyro leveling is still on.  I can then hop on and ride it again.   My old MoHoo units dies "dead as a door nail" when you tilt it by 45 deg or more.  

So why does the NB E+ most of the time not shut off?  Is this normal?  The wheel does stop spinning but the gyro is still active.   Just want to know if this is a problem with my unit.  Thanks.

tjcooper

It's probably just a smart feature that isn't available on more generic wheels.  In the instructions the NB1 is supposed to shut down the wheel when it's tipped over 45 degrees.  It likely automatically re-activates for convenience when the angle is back to normal without requiring a restart.  I haven't dropped mine yet so I haven't noticed this, but it's nice to know.  I don't know what happens if someone is doing a high speed roll on an high embankment whether it would shut down, but it doesn't seem to be a problem just looking at some skatepark videos...  45 degrees is pretty extreme!

Yes, it will automatically restart if you pick it up fast enough.  Mine does that too, most of the time I pick it up and it balances but a couple times I had to turn it off then on again, don't know why unless it depends on how long it is on it's side.  I like it.

Archived