IPS121 beeps when standing still for a while

MaxLinux

Someone called out to me as I rode by and asked many questions about EUC. As I talked with him, I had one foot on the pedal with the body of the IPS121 leaned against my leg, and one foot on the ground. After we were talking for a few minutes, the IPS began beeping approximately once per second. The power LED remained steady green. Later as I was sitting on my couch learning about my IPS app, I had the IPS turned on and supported between my legs. Again, after a few minutes, the IPS beeped approximately once per second, and the power LED remained steady green. Does anyone know what this beep means?

19 hours ago, Jurgen said:

It's the signal you have to get moving again, the wheel is getting bored :)

Just kidding, you just shouldn't leave the wheel idling for hours, I  guess that's what the beep is for.

Jurgen and Shoe73, thank you for this information. I wondered if that might be the reason, but I could not find it documented anywhere. I wanted to be sure it did not mean something bad.

5 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

Jurgen and Shoe73, thank you for this information. I wondered if that might be the reason, but I could not find it documented anywhere. I wanted to be sure it did not mean something bad.

you are right, it's not in the documentation, mine do the same.

it's my best guess that's what the beep means, but it might as well be an auto-destruction countdown after 100secs :lol:

Archived