Firmware testing at Kingsong?

OliverH

It looks like that Kingsong pulled the firmware updates and the json file advertising the Update information in the Kingsong App. As users may have experience with Ninebot updates (power cuts/ face plants, destroyed main boards) I like to know from @tinawong what does the testbook with test cases look like at Kinsong to prevent this issues? I haven't updated my wife's KS16 and only will update it when I can trust Firmwareupdates.

• So I would like to know which test cases and rider weights are used to test new firmware releases.
  • How will changes internally been documented? Is there a roll back/ fork to a specific firmware source code release for the developer?
  • is there a roll back for older firmware releases for users?
  • Is there a beta testing program to test the firmware in the wild on different markets?

On 25. Mai 2016 at 7:36 PM, Adlers83 said:

Would be nice to know how you would update the firmware...?

Via the app, if they release the firmware again. I don't like to be a crash dummy for nightly builds, not tested and no test plan available to test it properly. That's why I asked how Kingsong tests. I only want to make sure that I can trust firmware updates.

I've a Ninebot here which I freezed on a 1.2.x after realising that obviously Ninebot has problems testing firmware. I don't like to be faced with the same problem at Kingsong. 

8 minutes ago, OliverH said:

Via the app, if they release the firmware again. I don't like to be a crash dummy for nightly builds, not tested and no test plan available to test it properly. That's why I asked how Kingsong tests. I only want to make sure that I can trust firmware updates.

I've a Ninebot here which I freezed on a 1.2.x after realising that obviously Ninebot has problems testing firmware. I don't like to be faced with the same problem at Kingsong. 

This is the latest on the firmware from Jason:

Weather permitting, I'm going to allocate some time to do some limit testing (acceleration & top speed) this week, with both the original 1.15 firmware & the latest. 
Also received the Firmware change log from KS this morning, has:
V1.16, has update over-power issue. over-power is occur when the balance has reached a limit
V1.17, we have updated burn-fuse issue, update current.
V1.18 has updated the total mileage calculation error.  
V1.19 is same as V1.18

The latest news on firmware is that KS are testing the ***t out of a version for general mass release for the 31st. They say that going forward they will try to limit the update frequency to avoid the risk of bricking Wheels. 

Of course it doesn't state exactly how they test it etc, but limiting the update frequency sounds good to me. Hopefully, if any problems arise, they'll rather push back the release date than just try to force it out "on time" ;)

1 minute ago, esaj said:

[..]

Of course it doesn't state exactly how they test it etc, but limiting the update frequency sounds good to me. Hopefully, if any problems arise, they'll rather push back the release date than just try to force it out "on time" ;)

This means you've a concept developing software and you 've categories (minor, major, killer) and features vs. bug fixes are also handled on a release road map.

Archived