Pedals and pedal arms

Judging by Jason's thread concerning KingSong pedal design, it looks like pedals may not be easily interchangeable even within the same brand so somehow I think it would be sheer luck to be able to put any 14" pedal part onto a random EUC.  There may be some that are fine to swap, but it might take some modifications.  It would be nice if there were an EUC standards association that all the EUC makers subscribed to that define acceptable diameters of pedal support rods and parts, BMS minimum standards, heatsink specifications, etc..  Unfortunately as each company has their own design team I don't think their priority is having interchangeable parts with other companies.  Maybe clone EUC's might be similar enough to have generic parts that work, but I wouldn't bet money on it unless you are able to do some homemade adjustments.

On 5/18/2016 at 0:56 PM, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Judging by Jason's thread concerning KingSong pedal design, it looks like pedals may not be easily interchangeable even within the same brand so somehow I think it would be sheer luck to be able to put any 14" pedal part onto a random EUC.  There may be some that are fine to swap, but it might take some modifications.  It would be nice if there were an EUC standards association that all the EUC makers subscribed to that define acceptable diameters of pedal support rods and parts, BMS minimum standards, heatsink specifications, etc..  Unfortunately as each company has their own design team I don't think their priority is having interchangeable parts with other companies.  Maybe clone EUC's might be similar enough to have generic parts that work, but I wouldn't bet money on it unless you are able to do some homemade adjustments.

Had a feeling I was headed to the machinist. Thanx for info we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2016 at 10:38 PM, electric_vehicle_lover said:

At least for genérica yes. I bought 2 diferent and the pedals and arms are equal. Also I bought some new from MicroWorks and they are also equal.

Thanx man, appreciate the info. I'll see what happens

Archived