KS16, impressions from a 18" rider

OliverH

My wife bought a KS16 two weeks ago. After a short trip with a ? mark in her face we took it with us on a trip to France (Sundgau/ Alsace/ Elsass in the area around Ferrette.

On the first day I rode it two km/ the second day all the time and it felt powerful. The motor/ MOSFET sound was harmonic. Maybe the shell amplifies a bit the sound.

o the pros:

it's very agile

it's strong

with 680 Wh well prepared.

no problem to handle a heavy weight man with a back pack

looks very well designed

the cushion prevents bad feeling, but anyway via normal riding you've ride it contactless to the legs. 

Never heard the main board fan running but we haven't pushed it. Still locked on 20 km/h.

the handle bar is amazing

o the cons

if both feets are not 100% aligned it feels nervousness and you need constantly balance to keep in line, it tends to wallow

it's not a touring EU. It's not stable and comfortable over a couple of km on a road at tour. It's better for curves and movements

the pedals are greater than on the KS14/ 18, but could be even bigger. Need to look with Chris Hettenhausen if his new improved pedals are also suitable for the KS16.

the start sound is annoying (still in discussion in an other thread)

no battery indicator visible to the rider

My wife got trouble with her feets on the tour. So we changed KS16/ MSuper. I can't say what's bad with the pedals or if it's a special problem with the feets of my wife. I didn't got this problems.

I'm happy to ride a 18" EU right now and never like to go back to a smaller EU.

I am Coming from KS14 to Ks16 and have to disaggree on The cons mentioned (but get:  it's a 18 to 16 Thread :-) )

for me The Pedals feel great, i have this Perfect alignment thing only on my ks14.....so Perhaps this Is a "The smaller The Wheel...The more alignment You Need" thing....i would directly screw those Pedals under my ks14...if i Could get them somewhere :-(

the only negative on The Pedals Is if Wet they get very slippery, but on which Wheel Not?

and as i Toured 30! Km on my First day with The Bangkok Rider Group i can only say it's a Great for touring and i feel non of The wobling :-) 

but at all those "wheelswitching" depends heavily where You Are Coming from.....so onthe 18 to 16 Side i think Oliver Is perfectly right :-)

• 3 weeks later...
On 6 мая 2016 г. at 1:30 PM, OliverH said:

My wife bought a KS16 two weeks ago. After a short trip with a ? mark in her face we took it with us on a trip to France (Sundgau/ Alsace/ Elsass in the area around Ferrette.

On the first day I rode it two km/ the second day all the time and it felt powerful. The motor/ MOSFET sound was harmonic. Maybe the shell amplifies a bit the sound.

o the pros:

it's very agile

it's strong

with 680 Wh well prepared.

no problem to handle a heavy weight man with a back pack

looks very well designed

the cushion prevents bad feeling, but anyway via normal riding you've ride it contactless to the legs. 

Never heard the main board fan running but we haven't pushed it. Still locked on 20 km/h.

the handle bar is amazing

o the cons

if both feets are not 100% aligned it feels nervousness and you need constantly balance to keep in line, it tends to wallow

it's not a touring EU. It's not stable and comfortable over a couple of km on a road at tour. It's better for curves and movements

the pedals are greater than on the KS14/ 18, but could be even bigger. Need to look with Chris Hettenhausen if his new improved pedals are also suitable for the KS16.

the start sound is annoying (still in discussion in an other thread)

no battery indicator visible to the rider

My wife got trouble with her feets on the tour. So we changed KS16/ MSuper. I can't say what's bad with the pedals or if it's a special problem with the feets of my wife. I didn't got this problems.

I'm happy to ride a 18" EU right now and never like to go back to a smaller EU.

A lot of these impressions are due to the fact that you are coming to the 16" from the 18. For example it felt like it is not the touring wheel and more agile - this is relative to prior experience, also the and stability of the wheel

On 13 мая 2016 г. at 8:46 PM, KingSong69 said:

the only negative on The Pedals Is if Wet they get very slippery, but on which Wheel Not?

Yeah, grip tape should probably be put on the pedals for better traction

On 1.6.2016 at 8:08 PM, Adlers83 said:

Is your battery indication of your ks18 also always in 2 steps? So always 2 indicator lights extinguish ? 

Battery indication of my KS18 starts to go down step by step beginning with 85% of battery - I did not see that it goes only 2 stepwise down.

• 1 month later...
On 10-7-2016 at 5:07 PM, Adlers83 said:

Can someone else confirm that? On mine always 2 bars extinguish together. Never only 1.  :-(

I can confirm. It is 10 small leds, but it goes down 10-8-6-4-2. When it goes down to 4 while riding, it comes back to 6 on a stop. Same between 4 and 2 leds. Never 5 or 3.

7 hours ago, johrhoj said:

I can confirm. It is 10 small leds, but it goes down 10-8-6-4-2. When it goes down to 4 while riding, it comes back to 6 on a stop. Same between 4 and 2 leds. Never 5 or 3.

yip! 

Ks14 and Ks18 take 2 Led Steps...

only the ks16 with its 9 lights goes down one by one....

Archived