mcm4 stuttering

Tomek

I have finally taken my mcm4hs for a brief first spin (with one custom battery for now) and what struck me is that in powerful mode it seems to softly stutter at medium speeds, i.e. as if it was making small bursts of acceleration and slowing down - wobbling forth and back a bit. it's not too obvious, but somewhat annoying. has anyone else experienced that? I recall KS14 was being reported to do a similar thing, but at faster speeds...

Edit:

I guess this thread answers my question.

still curious if any MCM4 users experienced it?

I had some "rocking" back and forth (not fast, more like few times per second) with vee's MCM2s at higher speeds (above 25km/h app speed or so)... scared the hell out of me the first time it happened on a long straight :D  Definitely didn't like it.

On 29 апреля 2016 г. at 3:17 PM, Tomek said:

I have finally taken my mcm4hs for a brief first spin (with one custom battery for now) and what struck me is that in powerful mode it seems to softly stutter at medium speeds, i.e. as if it was making small bursts of acceleration and slowing down - wobbling forth and back a bit. it's not too obvious, but somewhat annoying. has anyone else experienced that? I recall KS14 was being reported to do a similar thing, but at faster speeds...

Edit:

I guess this thread answers my question.

still curious if any MCM4 users experienced it?

Ive experienced a very similar sensation on some of the 14" king songs ( not all of them). However, the thread i started that was referenced by Tomek above was about a completely different kind of wobbling. Its easy to get them confused and hard to describe these different kinds of vibrations. i believe the vibrations discussed here feel like someone is occasionally pulling on the rope tied to the wheel. My theory is it has to do with uneven tires and over time as the tire smoothed out a bit these vibrations got much better.

Archived