Ronin

1 minute ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Their website has all the details now... https://www.nosfet.com/Home.     Very impressive wheel, Congratulations to the designers and all involved.

image.thumb.jpeg.57b1d1a502af96d330584aed260457c5.jpeg

But also some contradicting information on there, the spec sheet says free spin is 125kmh yet on their webpage it says 135kmh, on the same page it says 81.5lb and then 38kg but 81.5lb is 37kg not 38kg and in one of their slides it says 38.8kg, so the information being presented is not consistent.

@NOSFET Electric Dreams maybe you guys can take a look at make sure all the information is 100% correct.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Couple of questions/observations:

1) Changing the suspension travel is cool but what happens if those screws come loose mid-ride? Not unheard of that screws unscrew by themselves from vibrations.

2) The mudguard doesn't extend in the front where the motor-cable is hanging, won't the cable touch the tire when suspension compresses?

Also one of the slides says weight: 38.8kg

I agree about the screw/bolt potentially backing out, but for the first time in a long time, I'm excited again because we're finally seeing a NOSFET Principal on camera making the case for its wheel and that's truly an innovative suspension feature.  Also, I felt the locking screw/bolt might have too much play in the well but I can fashion a solution for that on post.  I'm just glad to be excited again.

14 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Couple of questions/observations:

1) Changing the suspension travel is cool but what happens if those screws come loose mid-ride? Not unheard of that screws unscrew by themselves from vibrations.

2) The mudguard doesn't extend in the front where the motor-cable is hanging, won't the cable touch the tire when suspension compresses?

Also one of the slides says weight: 38.8kg

I've snapped bolts on my S22. The body drops over the wheel and everything gets crammed up, but it's not crash enducing.

I think keeping those screws tight is important, but I doubt they would come loose whilst riding. Worth checking before a ride of course.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Aztek said:

Lost me immediately.

Dam it's even heavier than i tought, that's crazy. :D I tought it gonna be around 33kg.  For me anything over 25kg is out of question. Maybe 30kg - if it's goldilocks wheel, where eveything is just perfect  - which will never happen..

By now we already can easily tell if wheel is gonna be over 30kg - 18" wheel and over 1500Wh battery,  has suspension - it will be heavy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Funky said:

Dam it's even heavier than i tought, that's crazy. :D I tought it gonna be around 33kg.  For me anything over 25kg is out of question. Maybe 30kg - if it's goldilocks wheel, where eveything is just perfect  - which will never happen..

By now we already can easily tell if wheel is gonna be over 30kg - 18" wheel and over 1500Wh battery,  has suspension - it will be heavy.

Hardly crazy. It's a Lynx with a rear shock plus some different design decisions. It's crazy that it's lighter than Lynx.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

But also some contradicting information on there, the spec sheet says free spin is 125kmh yet on their webpage it says 135kmh, on the same page it says 81.5lb and then 38kg but 81.5lb is 37kg not 38kg and in one of their slides it says 38.8kg, so the information being presented is not consistent.

@NOSFET Electric Dreams maybe you guys can take a look at make sure all the information is 100% correct.

yes, already adjusted the website. on the webpage unfortunately im not allowed to add .8 for some reason 

13 minutes ago, PourUC said:

Hardly crazy. It's a Lynx with a rear shock plus some different design decisions. It's crazy that it's lighter than Lynx.

Without using magnesium alloy ;)

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Funky said:

For me anything over 25kg is out of question. Maybe 30kg - if it's goldilocks wheel, where eveything is just perfect  - which will never happen..

Yeah I would prefer a mid-weight wheel for sure.  I guess I'll be waiting (and waiting... and waiting...) for the V18 to launch before making any decisions...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MacGyverCanada said:

Yeah I would prefer a mid-weight wheel for sure.  I guess I'll be waiting (and waiting... and waiting...) for the V18 to launch before making any decisions...

That wheel will compete with S16/19 meaning over 30kg also.. At that point add another 5kg and get real powerful 18" wheel. (Like APEX-01) My only last hope for actually decent wheel is that Trashcan E25. Or waiting another 2-4 years to get something similar released again. (We don't get anything decent in mid-weigh. Not to mention how little new releases we get in that category.)

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Funky said:

That wheel will compete with S16/19 meaning over 30kg also.. At that point add another 5kg and get real powerful 18" wheel. My only last hope for actually decent wheel is that Trashcan E25. Or waiting another 2-4 years to get something similar released again. (We don't get anything decent in mid-weigh. Let alone how little new releases are being made in that category.)

V11Y seems like it was made for you. But I have been here already.

Edited by PourUC
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PourUC said:

@NOSFET Electric Dreams

What UK carriers will you be working with? The UK market is pretty lackluster and as you know a lot of shops are closing / not buying. 

Is there ANY chance of direct buy for this wheel?

We have no plans on being direct, please let me know which UK retailer you would like to purchase from, who do you purchase from in the UK? 

15 minutes ago, NOSFET Electric Dreams said:

We have no plans on being direct, please let me know which UK retailer you would like to purchase from, who do you purchase from in the UK? 

Yo Jack! What about your Canadian crew? Any Toronto retailers getting any? Good luck with your launch, looking forward to seeing what you and your team have created! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hellkitten said:

Yo Jack! What about your Canadian crew? Any Toronto retailers getting any? Good luck with your launch, looking forward to seeing what you and your team have created! 

I was in our Toronto Eriders Telegram the other day, and we are working hard to find a suitable person. I do have plans on helping get the group a wheel for demo. 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2024 at 6:20 AM, NOSFET Electric Dreams said:

We definitely have those wheels as an option for installing with APEX's but we wanted to play it safe by going with KENDA for the initial start and we can adjust based off demand from riders! 

I'll presume that if the eWheels riders get their unit soon, Roger will slap the TNT J1208 on and hopefully the feedback warrants Jason requesting a batch with that setup as APEX has the proper width clearance for it unlike the LYNX. Looking forward to more content of this wheel :efefe00999:

• Like 1

The specs looks nice, the suspension while it remains to be seen the reliability and true performance, is the most travel on a commercial non custom wheel and with a very adaptable system.

I think i will be very interesting to see this wheel in off road and trail races, it has a more off road suspension, with the power of a Lynx, more adjustable and adaptable with the suspension step system and tire clearance.

Some comfort items are not clear or not present, like trolley handle , seating space etc. But those are exactly the items racers usually complain that add innecessary weight, and this has been announced and marketed as a racing and trail wheel, not a commuter.

I am not a racer but its a very interesting wheel that i hope to see perdorming on the circuits!

47 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

A fair comparison, if you remove the trolley handle, pads and toe clips from the Lynx.
Apex 38.8kg
Lynx 40.0kg - ???

Probably similar. It's not crazy as in unbelievable, but I would have expected similar weight.

I think the loss of suspension components in the shocks is some weight saving, no metal cover over shocks is a bit more. Then loss of trolley and toe clips.

57 minutes ago, PourUC said:

Probably similar. It's not crazy as in unbelievable, but I would have expected similar weight.

I think the loss of suspension components in the shocks is some weight saving, no metal cover over shocks is a bit more. Then loss of trolley and toe clips.

Looks like they did everything they could to make the lightest EUC possible while removing components that are less often used. The absence of any sort of pads, or even a decent pad mounting surface is also a bold move. The absence of a trolley handle is really a puzzling decision, because sometimes trails are so rocky that you have no choice but to trolley it through certain parts of a trail. Yes, one could just walk it instead, but a trolley handle would really come in handy so I'm a bit disppointed in that decision from a trail riding perspective.

The lack of seat mounting options are also a bummer. If they include a seat kit, then that's awesome and it would render my complain moot. But it appears that Nosfet has negated any option of riding seated with this wheel, which is a big red flag for me. This will be an enthusiat wheel for sure - made exclusively for trail riders and racers, but not for casual riders who want to "chill" on their wheel. in short, it seems like a formula 1 car - stripped down to its bare necessary materials to ride effectively while saving as much weight as possible.

• Upvote 1