Ronin

Lots of naysayers, ofc people are gonna have personal preferences and you can't please everyone at once.

I am excited about the suspension travel and the clearance for the wheel. If these are real numbers and not Begode numbers I think the Apex has great potential.

• Like 3

IMG_0360.thumb.jpeg.82748c01ff8ed00d0d691ec41bf3589e.jpeg

The two handles seem better designed for riding than LeaperKim ones as they go towards the center on the upper part moving away from the knees and the two upper sides of the battery panels are well rounded so they won’t hurt the legs. The charging port is accessible and seems protected. There is no trolley handle visible.

This is a thin body wheel and riders want wide, flat, side panels, especially in the back, where you need to install the pads. Plastic panels might be needed to widen the back surface and to fill the gap between the two battery packs so pads can be properly installed on it.

IMG_0358.thumb.jpeg.e0eeb13799f3cc4bf70059b2e9e1d0c0.jpeg

We can see from the images released until now that the gap between the wire and wheel is about 2.5 to 3 x the thickness of the cable (which it must be about 1 cm (0.4 in) thick) and there is no fender between them (in that area) to protect the wire when the suspension will compress. It is very possible they will come in contact and will put in danger the integrity of the wire, especially in an off road situation when debris can hit it. A third party fender (or an extension) might be needed to be installed on this wheel for protection.

IMG_0359.jpeg.94a3e27f7b607cc880788c33c299c6f4.jpeg

It seems there is nothing between the wheel and the stanchions. Also, the stanchions are not upside down mounted as on motorcycles or Leaperkim wheels. This might increase the damage caused by debris to the stanchions and shorten their lifetime. They might need more servicing time. Some plastic panels might be added on the inside to solve this problem but depends if there is enough space for them and a safe way to fix them (screw them) on.

Well, we must give it to him! He let us know from the beginning that a lot of aftermarket products can be made for this wheel so nobody can cry “wolf” now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Paul g said:

IMG_0360.thumb.jpeg.82748c01ff8ed00d0d691ec41bf3589e.jpeg

The two handles seem better designed for riding than LeaperKim ones as they go towards the center on the upper part moving away from the knees and the two upper sides of the battery panels are well rounded so they won’t hurt the legs. The charging port is accessible and seems protected. There is no trolley handle visible.

This is a thin body wheel and riders want wide, flat, side panels, especially in the back, where you need to install the pads. Plastic panels might be needed to widen the back surface and to fill the gap between the two battery packs so pads can be properly installed on it.

IMG_0358.thumb.jpeg.e0eeb13799f3cc4bf70059b2e9e1d0c0.jpeg

We can see from the images released until now that the gap between the wire and wheel is about 2.5 to 3 x the thickness of the cable (which it must be about 1 cm (0.4 in) thick) and there is no fender between them (in that area) to protect the wire when the suspension will compress. It is very possible they will come in contact and will put in danger the integrity of the wire, especially in an off road situation when debris can hit it. A third party fender (or an extension) might be needed to be installed on this wheel for protection.

IMG_0359.jpeg.94a3e27f7b607cc880788c33c299c6f4.jpeg

It seems there is nothing between the wheel and the stanchions. Also, the stanchions are not upside down mounted as on motorcycles or Leaperkim wheels. This might increase the damage caused by debris to the stanchions and shorten their lifetime. They might need more servicing time. Some plastic panels might be added on the inside to solve this problem but depends if there is enough space for them and a safe way to fix them (screw them) on.

Well, we must give it to him! He let us know from the beginning that a lot of aftermarket products can be made for this wheel so nobody can cry “wolf” now.

If you look at the pictures posted from the trail, it appears that there are fairings that come with the wheel.  I think the pics that you referenced are showing details that Nosfet thinks sets the Apex apart from other wheels, but aren't obvious unless the wheel is partially disassembled.  I imagine that the fully assembled wheel will address many of the concerns that you have raised.  But, until we get eyes on the finished product, a lot of questions will linger. 

11 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

If you look at the pictures posted from the trail, it appears that there are fairings that come with the wheel.  I think the pics that you referenced are showing details that Nosfet thinks sets the Apex apart from other wheels, but aren't obvious unless the wheel is partially disassembled.  I imagine that the fully assembled wheel will address many of the concerns that you have raised.  But, until we get eyes on the finished product, a lot of questions will linger. 

They probably make side panels for it and even some frontal, back bumpers. Interesting to see the materials. 

The adjustable suspension might be an important innovation in the long run (I don’t know how well they implement it in this wheel). Together with adjustable pedal hight and dihedral angle might improve the riding a lot for different scenarios.

He is hyping about central(-y mounted) suspension and balanced distribution of weight, but that came first in the V14, as the accessible charging port.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, litewave said:

I am rooting for @NOSFET Electric Dreams   Jack was instrumental in designing and promoting the S22, which was revolutionary but took forever to produce and deliver. I think he has learned from his successes and the missteps of Kingsong and others.

I really hope they can bring something to market that sells. It won't be perfect on the first or probably second attempt, but I think they will continue to innovate and offer better wheels. Of course, they will rely on parts from other manufacturers (and their suppliers), but given time, I am sure they will differentiate themselves even more.

S22 was a dead on release wheel up till some enthusiasts made roller modification that revealed the full potential of suspension.

2 hours ago, Mikhailo said:

S22 was a dead on release wheel up till some enthusiasts made roller modification that revealed the full potential of suspension.

A lot of people still bought the original model, so "dead-on-release" is just your perspective. It was a revolutionary wheel and a perfect example of how the global EUC community coaslesced and worked with the manufacturer, its resellers, and independent solutions providers (such as the creator of the Russian roller glides, HouNging, et al.) to improve it quickly.

Most owners were able to live with and improve the friction glides with frequent cleaning and lubrication. Some riders 3-D printed replacement glides for the sliders - @Rawnei was (one of) the first to share his design. Fortunately, the roller design was incorporated into the S22 Pro and made available to first batch owners.

I had placed an order for the S22 OG but canceled it when I heard that the new version was imminent. I ordered the S22 Pro upgrade with 1440T cells from eWheels as soon as it became available and have been very happy with the wheel overall.

Edited by litewave
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, litewave said:

A lot of people still bought the original model, so "dead-on-release" is just your perspective. It was a revolutionary wheel and a perfect example of how the global EUC community coaslesced and worked with the manufacturer, its resellers, and independent solutions providers (such as the creator of the Russian roller glides, HouNging, et al.) to improve it quickly.

Most owners were able to live with and improve the friction glides with frequent cleaning and lubrication. Some riders 3-D printed replacement glides for the sliders - @Rawnei was (one of) the first to share his design. Fortunately, the roller design was incorporated into the S22 Pro and made available to first batch owners.

I had placed an order for the S22 OG but canceled it when I heard that the new version was imminent. I ordered the S22 Pro upgrade with 1440T cells from eWheels as soon as it became available and have been very happy with the wheel overall.

Thanks for the mention but the 3D printed sliders weren't my design. 😄

Even with the shitty sliding mechanism the S22 had the best suspension at release, overall a very innovative wheel for it's time and to this day the S22 Pro is still a nice wheel if only lacking a bit of top speed.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, litewave said:

That's not my perspective, kingsong sliding mechanism wasn't working from the box at all, until mod was released and then implemented by kingsong itself. Even begode with their pipe sliding system was better at the time if adjusted appropriately.

So I don't get the point of your sentence with "my perspective".

And mass buying on release is that your definition of good revolutionary product?

Kingsong had implemented quite good fork mechanism, which to my great surprise wasn't even theirs to begin with. Next roller sliding mechanism - which again wasn't invented by them, and I even heard that kingsong doesn't even bother to thank those modders when implemented that roller idea into production, but again the fact that it is  integrated in battery box makes it indeed one of the best all rounder conception on market up today I think.

Only thing that s22 didn't have and we all wanted is dynamics. Bad front light, mediocre pedals, middle sized battery, awful quality fittings were bearable to some extent and could be somehow upgraded. But having safe speed around 60-70 km/h, low torque  and small battery is disappointing less to say.

Here's a single frame from the release video that I haven't seen talked about, looks like whatever shock they're using has a lockout switch of some sort? Unfortunately this is the best out of 4 total frames from this angle as far as I could tell.

image.png?ex=670b2f2c&is=6709ddac&hm=2fc

Here's another angle where you might be able to tell what shock they're using.

image.png?ex=670b2feb&is=6709de6b&hm=2ba

• Like 1

The 8s clip of the NOSFET Apex-01 is impressive, thank you.  Perhaps I'm maturing out of my oooh/ahhh EUC phase, but in the clip (and other clips) is it really doing anything that a Lynx, V14, or Extreme couldn't do under a skilled operator?  Again, I'm very enthusiastic and want NOSFET to succeed, but want NOSFET to stop the teaser dribble and just get on with it.  I want to see the NOSFET people on camera and their operation. I don't want them to build a detached connection with me through distributors. I want to feel like I know them directly.  Again, thank you for the clip. ~maverick 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cool design on adjustable suspension. Props. :thumbup:

But dosen't it mean whole rider weight, etc.. Is held up by those gear teeth? And if those screws come somewhat loose (so there is LITTLE play in gear teeth..) it won't start wearing out really quick those teeth?

Even those two screws that hold the teeth in place. They can still freely move up/down?

Not winning, or being negative here. Just mentioning what can happen down the road of owning a design like that. If those gears/screws don't move at all, even while juping - then nothing will wear out. Then it's cool and amazing design.

Edited by Funky

Couple of questions/observations:

1) Changing the suspension travel is cool but what happens if those screws come loose mid-ride? Not unheard of that screws unscrew by themselves from vibrations.

2) The mudguard doesn't extend in the front where the motor-cable is hanging, won't the cable touch the tire when suspension compresses?

Also one of the slides says weight: 38.8kg

Edited by Rawnei