Ronin

2 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

I don't see any big SW advances in EUC scene in last year. If you check opensource VESC onewheel project they have more features then we do now.

???

Dynamic tiltback.

Field weakening.

Hall sensor less operation.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

???

Dynamic tiltback.

Field weakening.

Hall sensor less operation.

:sleep1::sleep1::sleep1: What are these smart words you are using? See i for one don't care about any of these. Only last one the Hall sensor - that's important? But for regular Joe who simply rides, not going fast enough to hear alarms, or ever feel tiltback - they are meaningless. Also what's Field weakening? See i don't care what it is, because i'm going from A to B and it doesn't effect me.

I still haven't seen quick removable motor.. Why they can't make a motor that slides out by removing 2-6 bolts/nuts. Having quick disconnect in middle of wire somewhere.

Edited by Funky

20 minutes ago, Funky said:

I still haven't seen quick removable motor.. Why they can't make a motor that slides out by removing 2-6 bolts/nuts. Having quick disconnect in middle of wire somewhere.

I'm sure having the main component of the EUC be held by 2 bolts only would be super safe and definitely wouldn't kill anyone by suddenly having the motor fall out under them after eating enough impacts or vibrations. :D 

26 minutes ago, Phonoman said:

I'm sure having the main component of the EUC be held by 2 bolts only would be super safe and definitely wouldn't kill anyone by suddenly having the motor fall out under them after eating enough impacts or vibrations. :D 

See i din't say pairs.. Each side. :D 

Somehow motor bikes and bicycles haven't lost any wheels, with only 2 bolts holding them on.

Edited by Funky

58 minutes ago, Funky said:

:sleep1::sleep1::sleep1: What are these smart words you are using? See i for one don't care about any of these. Only last one the Hall sensor - that's important? But for regular Joe who simply rides, not going fast enough to hear alarms, or ever feel tiltback - they are meaningless. Also what's Field weakening? See i don't care what it is, because i'm going from A to B and it doesn't effect me.

We *all* know you don't care about those things. Those are big advances nonetheless that increase performance and rider safety, whether you care about it or not. You said you don't see any big advances, and he listed them.

That said, yes. Quick and easy removal of the motor would be nice.

Edited by WheelGoodTime
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

I think it is simpification of situation. Ther is no secret "know-how" about making EUC, for majority it is magical device, but from SW point it is just some PID loops + some filters. From HW it is motor + drive+ battery + CPU + imu. 

That is a gross simplification. We don’t know what kind of PID equation they use. Are they using complex loops? A velocity or error equation? What are they filtering? Is it their process values, control values, or something else? How is the assist functions implemented? Is the dynamic tailback just changing set-point or is it an offset? If you don’t know without asking the manufacturers or getting the source code, then it is application specific and not “standard knowledge”.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WheelGoodTime said:

You said you don't see any big advances, and he listed them.

I din't say that, but now thinking more about it. Yes i don't see any changes from only added smart BMS and suspension on wheels. Rest is small gizmos that do jack shit.

(When the talk about advancements started - i thought about big things - like smart bms and suspension.. < Those are big things.. Not something measly/small.)

Dynamic tilt back should have been a thing YEARS ago.. Still it doesn't change EUC much in sense.

Field weakening - i still don't know what that is.. So probably nothing sensual in riding. Hall sensor - meh.. Get rid of it altogether - then we will talk.

Edited by Funky

15 hours ago, Electric Dreams said:

Ouch! Why don't you trust me? What can I do to regain your trust? 

Hsiang is not part of the company, the names are similar but we named the company from inspiration:
NOS= Nitrous 
FET= Mosfet

While I'm generally sceptical (it's in my nature) I do believe you have good intentions and I think it's cool and brave that you are trying this, you will have a lot to prove for sure but I do hope that you'll be successful, looking forward to what you will present.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Funky said:

The ignored one replies to my post so how can I not read it?

Who care if you cares? Nobody.

If you don't even understand the discussion why are you engaging? Seems like a common thing for you.

Objectively several things happened in EUC software last 1-2 years wether you care or not.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

If you don't even understand the discussion why are you engaging? Seems like a common thing for you.

Objectively several things happened in EUC software last 1-2 years wether you care or not.

:sleep1:

Spoiler
19 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Aww i knew you cared. 

20 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

You cared to reply. :) 

Advancements - yup i understand them.. Doh big or small advancements - that's different story. Advancements worth talking about, or not really..

Yup - i don't really care, because they aren't even making my class wheel on which those "advancements" would be on in first place.

:) 

31 minutes ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

I think the company name sucks, but the wheel itself matters more. I’m interested to see what they release.

The name is quite short, simple, and easy to remember. And it seems like a similar name is not used by other companies so when more info will be available across the internet, it will be easier to search and find the upcoming Nosfet products.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Merkyu Kyu Kyu said:

The name is quite short, simple, and easy to remember. And it seems like a similar name is not used by other companies so when more info will be available across the internet, it will be easier to search and find the upcoming Nosfet products.

There’s a million names that would fit those requirements.

I don’t see how it makes sense for a PEV company to use a play on words between MOSFETS and “NOS” (short for nitrous oxide used in modified combustion cars). I don’t think most people would even get the references, and the name doesn’t seem easy to remember. That’s my opinion anyway.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie

24 minutes ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

I don’t see how it makes sense for a PEV company to use a play on words between MOSFETS and “NOS” (short for nitrous oxide used in modded combustion cars). I don’t think most people would even get the references, and the name doesn’t seem easy to remember. That’s my opinion anyway.

It's Mosfet but with N.. Now you will remember it easily. :) Or be like: No sweat.. (no sfet)

Yes to people who don't know the world play.. It's some random latters. Or in best case they will think it's mosfet, but that name was used.. So it's nosfet. :D  The budged variant of mosfet.

Edited by Funky

17 minutes ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

I don’t see how it makes sense for a PEV company to use a play on words between MOSFETS and “NOS” (short for nitrous oxide used in modified combustion cars). I don’t think most people would even get the references, and the name doesn’t seem easy to remember. That’s my opinion anyway.

Pretty sure almost everyone picked up on "mosfets" part.. Which are literally on the boards of said PEV's. 

1 hour ago, Merkyu Kyu Kyu said:

it will be easier to search and find the upcoming Nosfet products

Google will spit out tens of thousand of results for MOSFETS before showing anything EUC related because it will think you made a typo.

• Upvote 1

They would want one(1) and electrical vehicle in name.. Something like  OnoELETRO to get something close to resemblance of EUC.

OneWayHighWay

BuzzWheel

ChinGrinder

MechaGlider

Balancerrr (3 r because it go like rrrr)

Possibilities are endless..

All they have to do is build great last mileage wheel and they will get my money. :D 

Other manufacturers haven't gotten anything from me in these past 4 years.. And i don't see them getting any in future, if things keep going as they have.

And i'm speaking for all of the guys/gals/newcomers who want lighter, but fast short range wheel..

I wish other people would have started a project like this. Jason from e-wheels was one. He already intervened in the design of begode wheels ordering safer battery packs for them. He was my first go to. To be honest, we around here in London had similar thoughts. But having an idea is very different from doing it. You need (resources and) connections to the right people.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1