important PSA announcement from wrongway regarding lynx and sherman ...

bpong

17 minutes ago, Skampster said:

That being said, do you not trust the lynx’s own PWM?

I do, but having a motorcycle helmet on that blocks a lot of road/wind noise, plus listening to music on my cardo, hearing beeps is only possible if I turn off my music entirely and listen closely for beeps. At 40+ Mph, even with music off, it's hard to hear the wheel beeps. Since the wheel beeps and EUC world beeps aren't in sync, I can easily cut out and never hear a single beep because I can't hear the wheel beeps. 🤕

24 minutes ago, WheelGoodTime said:

I do, but having a motorcycle helmet on that blocks a lot of road/wind noise, plus listening to music on my cardo, hearing beeps is only possible if I turn off my music entirely and listen closely for beeps. At 40+ Mph, even with music off, it's hard to hear the wheel beeps. Since the wheel beeps and EUC world beeps aren't in sync, I can easily cut out and never hear a single beep because I can't hear the wheel beeps. 🤕

Yes, but the lynx’s PMW pulls the pedals backwards when activated, you don’t need to hear the beeps. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Skampster said:

Yes, but the lynx’s PMW pulls the pedals backwards when activated, you don’t need to hear the beeps. 

Beeps offer immediate warnings, whereas tiltback can take a second or so to tiltback to the point of feeling it. It's too easy to push beyond 100% PWM if you aren't careful and just stomp on the acceleration. On my master pro, I hit one single PWM beep while accelerating hard, with the beeps set at 18% safety margin. The pedals barely tilted back. What was my minimum safety margin when I did that? 7%. If I hadn't heard that and reacted accordingly that very second, I would have ended up on the ground. Audible PWM beeps are 100% necessary.

Edited by WheelGoodTime
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Skampster said:

That being said, do you not trust the lynx’s own PWM?

If you can't hear beeps over wind inside a helmet then there not much to trust and you need an application to relay the PWM to something audible.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Skampster said:

Most people likes to have an alarm regardless, I like to have my alarm engage slightly before the tiltback is severe enough for me to even notice it.

3 hours ago, Skampster said:

Easy, ride within the wheels limits. 

... That's what the alarms are for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Patrick Robert said:

EUC World alarms: "Use wheel alarms".

That way the alarm plays in your helmet, instead of just beeping. Easy to hear, regardless of speed. 

That doesn't work unless the wheel is transmitting alarm state over bluetooth.

• Like 1

New firmware out, pretty abysmal changelog and no mention of dipping fix.

Screenshot_20240927_175002_Google.thumb.jpg.c3f65f598fa32310e63be15a82869027.jpg

Available in the LeaperKim app but not in EUC World yet it seems like.

now, when 2 established reviewers (ronin, wrongway) are pointing out that leaperkim is slow to acknowledge and address obvious minor (or major depending how hard you ride your veteran/leaperkim product) firmware problems;  IMO, the nice shiny armor once worn by leaperkim is beginning to tarnish somewhat.  its about customer service - this topic is not about performance riding.  performance riding is affected by it though...

im sure begode is watching this,  and perhaps inmotion and kingsong are also slightly interested in what becomes of this in the next few months.  for myself, my lynx will not be ridden that hard for me to suffer the probs on the extreme end of things.  but from a customer service POV,  leaperkim is demonstrating a somewhat mild arrogance which is dangerous given the fact that begode is being very quick at addressing customer/reviewer concerns.  when a potential customer is eyeing similar products from begode and leaperkim,  and taking into account each manufacturers customer service history in their response time and customer interaction,  dont be surprised to hear the words "fuck it,  begode seems to care more than leaperkim..." and of course,  the retailers cash register goes ding (or beep these days), and the receipt shows a begode sale done and done.

there are no big design differences between mid to high end eucs, with suspensions of course differing to a degree given which type the manufacturer goes with.  so may be, in the end it will be about customer service wars ?  is having a plush suspension more important that having a your complaint addressed promptly and being treated with kindness and respect ?  :blink:

i dont have brand loyalty.  my first euc was a glide product, 2nd euc was a begode with absolutely no problems,  and my latest euc is a leaperkim product.  IF i ever purchase another euc in the future (which i doubt but one never knows...),  given the current customer service responses from various euc manufacturers,  i wont be purchasing another leaperkim product.  i foresee leaperkim will have to now expend and try twice as hard as the other manufacturers to win back any respect from euc reviewers given their current interactions over the past several months...

again, this is not about performance, top speed, who has the best suspension, blah blah blah.... its about respecting the customer AFTER the sale.  :efeee20b79:

(my apologies y'all, if my response is too long, or if its off topic.  i can hide it if need be...)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, bpong said:

now, when 2 established reviewers (ronin, wrongway) are pointing out that leaperkim is slow to acknowledge and address obvious minor (or major depending how hard you ride your veteran/leaperkim product) firmware problems;  IMO, the nice shiny armor once worn by leaperkim is beginning to tarnish somewhat.  its about customer service - this topic is not about performance riding.  performance riding is affected by it though...

im sure begode is watching this,  and perhaps inmotion and kingsong are also slightly interested in what becomes of this in the next few months.  for myself, my lynx will not be ridden that hard for me to suffer the probs on the extreme end of things.  but from a customer service POV,  leaperkim is demonstrating a somewhat mild arrogance which is dangerous given the fact that begode is being very quick at addressing customer/reviewer concerns.  when a potential customer is eyeing similar products from begode and leaperkim,  and taking into account each manufacturers customer service history in their response time and customer interaction,  dont be surprised to hear the words "fuck it,  begode seems to care more than leaperkim..." and of course,  the retailers cash register goes ding (or beep these days), and the receipt shows a begode sale done and done.

there are no big design differences between mid to high end eucs, with suspensions of course differing to a degree given which type the manufacturer goes with.  so may be, in the end it will be about customer service wars ?  is having a plush suspension more important that having a your complaint addressed promptly and being treated with kindness and respect ?  :blink:

i dont have brand loyalty.  my first euc was a glide product, 2nd euc was a begode with absolutely no problems,  and my latest euc is a leaperkim product.  IF i ever purchase another euc in the future (which i doubt but one never knows...),  given the current customer service responses from various euc manufacturers,  i wont be purchasing another leaperkim product.  i foresee leaperkim will have to now expend and try twice as hard as the other manufacturers to win back any respect from euc reviewers given their current interactions over the past several months...

again, this is not about performance, top speed, who has the best suspension, blah blah blah.... its about respecting the customer AFTER the sale.  :efeee20b79:

(my apologies y'all, if my response is too long, or if its off topic.  i can hide it if need be...)

I concur with bpong.  And, whether rational or irrational, l'm holding off any LK purchases until I know the impact of NOSFET and/or the Griffin.  EB is not known for quality but I'm an optimist and am hoping EB added witchcraft to the Griffin.  I hope it is awesome; I think we'll know soon.  Again, rational or not, I don't like how Wrong-way and Ronin were treated by LK. 

2 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I concur with bpong.  And, whether rational or irrational, l'm holding off any LK purchases until I know the impact of NOSFET and/or the Griffin.  EB is not known for quality but I'm an optimist and am hoping EB added witchcraft to the Griffin.  I hope it is awesome; I think we'll know soon.  Again, rational or not, I don't like how Wrong-way and Ronin were treated by LK. 

Like EB has better customer support and interaction. 🙄

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

New firmware out, pretty abysmal changelog and no mention of dipping fix.

Screenshot_20240927_175002_Google.thumb.jpg.c3f65f598fa32310e63be15a82869027.jpg

Available in the LeaperKim app but not in EUC World yet it seems like.

It's now also available in EUC World. Fo0r now LeaperKim has released updated firmware for Lynx only, so we're waiting for similar Sherman L update.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bpong said:

This seems a little too overblown to not be brand biased. It seems every brand has had issues that don't get fixed for a while: King Song with the S22 suspension quality, Begode with shipping out so many wheels and renditions that it's tough to get parts long-term, Inmotion bring a little too conservative with performance (until the V14), and now Leaperkim with some iffy leaning behavior. And I'm not including everything for every brand. If your point of that Leaperkim has been lauded for quality and that this shortcoming is their sudden downfall, then I don't agree with your argument.

If anything, this shows that no brand is perfect, and requires active interaction and feedback to keep them in-the-know about what the community needs of them. That's what a lack of brand loyalty looks like to me, not some hasty rush to condemn one and prioritize the others...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Duster said:

This seems a little too overblown to not be brand biased...

Duster,

im not brand biased.  but i am abit overly sensitive about customer service. my reasoning being if i spent a few thousand dollars on some device and it has a minor problem,  i expect the manufacturer to address and resolve the problem.  thats all.  if i were brand biased, i would not have purchased the lynx... i would have bought another begode product or may be the S22 and do some interesting tinkering... im not condeming leaperkim;  i just want them to do what was asked of them... and by the looks of it,  they did do something.  now lets see if it made a difference and addressed the problem...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bpong said:

Duster,

im not brand biased.  but i am abit overly sensitive about customer service. my reasoning being if i spent a few thousand dollars on some device and it has a minor problem,  i expect the manufacturer to address and resolve the problem.  thats all.  if i were brand biased, i would not have purchased the lynx... i would have bought another begode product or may be the S22 and do some interesting tinkering... im not condeming leaperkim;  i just want them to do what was asked of them... and by the looks of it,  they did do something.  now lets see if it made a difference and addressed the problem...

So what problem do you have specifically with your Lynx?

My take on this is that Wrongway could not accept the fact that Leaper Kim is not interested in chasing and supporting extreme riders who abuse their wheels. 

It sounded like Leaper Kim made its position very clear on this to Wrongway. 

But Wrongway couldn't handle it so he made a video.

Typically what some youtubers do in attempts to twists others' arms to get what they want.

16 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

So what problem do you have specifically with your Lynx?

no prob with my lynx, but rather i hope the firmware update resolves the thing with the forward dipping...for the performance riders....

Edited by bpong
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, techyiam said:

My take on this is that Wrongway could not accept the fact that Leaper Kim is not interested in chasing and supporting extreme riders who abuse their wheels. 

It sounded like Leaper Kim made its position very clear on this to Wrongway. 

But Wrongway couldn't handle it so he made a video.

Typically what some youtubers do in attempts to twists others' arms to get what they want.

But then it doesn't make sense for LeaperKim to confirm that the issue exist and Jack saying a fix is on the way, in fact a whole lot about all of this makes no sense at all.

2 minutes ago, bpong said:

i have no prob (with my lynx) cause i dont ride my lynx to its edge....in fact its the opposite, i keep the speed below 70kph, dont jump, dont do stairs (easier to simply walk up them period...) and just commute.  i do like the lynx alot - i ride it seated as well as standing.  i do plan next season to try some off road trails at our favorite provincial park (Pinery Park) but thats next year.

as explained before, im abit ocd-ish when it comes to customer service...

So "I don't have an issue but please fix it anyway"?

1 minute ago, Rawnei said:

But then it doesn't make sense for LeaperKim to confirm that the issue exist and Jack saying a fix is on the way, in fact a whole lot about all of this makes no sense at all.

So "I don't have an issue but please fix it anyway"?

good customer service, thats all ...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bpong said:

good customer service, thats all ...

So what customer service did you ask for and didn't receive?

See the pattern?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rawnei said:

So what customer service did you ask for and didn't receive?

See the pattern?

okay,  i want good customer service, and i keep asking them to fix something, correct ?  there is a firmware release,  and i hope it works... until it works, i will keep asking, is that the pattern you are referring to ?  i'm biting...