Inmotion E25 (details pending)

RagingGrandpa

34 minutes ago, Manoloco said:

one practical thing they overlooked is to leave the tyre to be as exposed as possible, this acts like a protective barrier, specially for newbies and when you are practicing tricks on the wheel and it goes by itself, at least a bit of the front and back would be really practical.

a shell covering those parts means the shell is going to take the impact instead of the tyre.

25 minutes ago, mmk said:

OTOH, the full shell makes it easy to slip on a protector, for when you are trying to break your toy practice tricks.

Each their own..

Tire covered by shell - great mudguard. Doh case can get damaged.

Tire protrudes outwards - chance to install bigger tires and acts as protective bumper.

You can look both ways. Each have a pro and a con. Doh you can always glue on some protective bumpers, if wanna.. My wheel looks like fuzzy monster. As i have glued on thick floor mat all around it - It acts as protective bumper and while sliding on ice / drooping wheel - it leave to scratch marks what so ever.

Doh for my next/new wheel - will not glue anything. Aside maybe some small patches on edges. Or sides where wheel will contact the ground when dropped.

At least E25 case are smooth with round edges - Very easy to DIY protective cover..

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Funky said:

That's the thing - they are using 10" rim and then use 3.5" fat tire to get the 16" wheel size.. (At least going by Falcon, A2. Or in that matter most wheels are going for fatter/wider tires as possible.)

Best option is to use 12" rim and have enough space for any width tire. The user can choose to install big fat tire, or skinny one for weight savings.

Yes - even KS16S used 16" wheel. And it was perfect for daily small errands. 16" wheel is overall the best. And they should not go smaller.. I have doubts that E25 will have 16" wheel. Likely a 14".

When I wrote that I was thinking of a 12” rim like the V8 series. 

33 minutes ago, Nostris said:

When I wrote that I was thinking of a 12” rim like the V8 series. 

You did mention V8.. So naturally i thought about it's wheel/tire.

I just gave examples - how nowadays they get the 16" on smaller wheels. :D And then i mentioned KS16S, which had same design wheel/tire as V8. <3

42 minutes ago, Manoloco said:

i can see the pros of a more covered wheel but i see more cons, and we can always put mudguards on a more exposed wheel, exposed wheels also help for wheel cleaning and is inherently lighter.

Cleaning? I have never cleaned my wheel past 4 years?? It self cleans while riding true rain. Yeah, i also like when the tire is more visible.. Not hidden completely. But watcha gonna do.. This one has it hidden. Also you can't install some crazy knobby.. As case is the limiting factor. Or you can use dremel. :D 

Edited by Funky

7 minutes ago, Funky said:

Cleaning? I have never cleaned my wheel past 4 years?? It self cleans while riding true rain. Yeah, i also like when the tire is more visible.. Not hidden completely. But watcha gonna do.. This one has it hidden. Also you can't install some crazy knobby.. As case is the limiting factor. Or you can use dremel. :D 

:D Ngl I'm definitely more of a fan of riding my wheel rather than cleaning it too, though where i am it doesn't rain much and when it does, its very subtle, so it makes muddy water rather than cleaning.

very interested in seeing the weight and power of the wheel with all that has been said, that suspension is also intriguing hope its durable.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Funky said:

Who hurt you?

inmotion lol, it doesn't look horrible i mean it looks like a V12 EUC. But please inmotion announce something people are waiting to see what you have or they will spend there money on something else.

I don't know why, but I quite like the looks :rolleyes: It have space for stickers or wrap.

And if it's not aimed to be a performance wheel pads will not be mandatory. Massive pads make any wheel look bad imo.

24 minutes ago, kintips said:

inmotion lol, it doesn't look horrible i mean it looks like a V12 EUC. But please inmotion announce something people are waiting to see what you have or they will spend there money on something else.

At this point i don't even care how it looks - i just want centered handle with easy to reach lift button and it to be fast enough. And if it's not much to ask - big enough tire..

At least this one will not spray mud all around it's body.. Because tire is hidden in shell. Same time Falcon looks better with it's fully open design.

Remove Falcon pads and it also looks boxy awkward box wheel... The orange front bar makes it look good only.

It's supposed to be released next month right? (Mass production..)

Doh looking back, V18 was supposed to be sold in July. It looks like they are ~2 months behind schedule.

Edited by Funky

6 hours ago, Funky said:

It's supposed to be released next month right? (Mass production..)

Doh looking back, V18 was supposed to be sold in July. It looks like they are ~2 months behind schedule.

Hopefully that means they're trying to get it all right the first time...

3 hours ago, MacGyverCanada said:

Hopefully that means they're trying to get it all right the first time...

Good joke. :) Knowing well enough by now. They will fail anyways. Only question would be how badly. Phoenix fire badly or some broken screws..

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2024 at 7:03 AM, Hellkitten said:

I’m semi confused by the group ride auto sharing. Unless inmotion is adding this feature to all of their new releases, I don’t see this wheel being used on a lot of group rides. It’s a very niche wheel that not everyone will be interested in. Am I missing something? 

Maybe for family groups?

Or perhaps Inmotion is hoping for a future where Segway tourist groups are completely banned because they are so wide and a danger on the footpath but lightweight EUCs are ok once everyone learns to ride via the e20.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DavidB said:

The tire/wheel/motor proportions look similar. Perhaps you can a mten5 image for comparison. 

Mten5 tire looks way smaller.. Motor alone looks half size of Falcon one.

FYI: The images i used in previous post aren't 1:1 scale.. E25 can be smaller/bigger..

IMG_4010.jpeg.f156902e2e9d940a6a4db8f7a4

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, kintips said:

wait the mten5 pedal heigh is lower than the MTEN4? is that even right?

Yes, I’ve mentioned it in multiple posts in the mten5 thread (and have pics posted ^ 2 of which are up here grabbed and reposted by someone else) which is why I’m adamant about it being a pure street wheel.

Edited by slippyfeet
  • Like 1

Someone probably had to much free time and 3D rendered their "perfect" wheel.

Or asked AI to draw Vespa EUC.

This might not actually be E25. (I bet it will not look like this. It will look way worse in real life.) :D

Edited by Funky

:sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1: 

:sleep1:Any updates?:sleep1:

:sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1: 

Anyways let's keep topic alive. Something bugs/tells me that E25 quality control will be way worse. Compared to V13 and newest V14 wheel. Yes they are somewhat great, but is it me, or Inmotion quality has gotten worse over years/recent releases?

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, MacGyverCanada said:

I saw a comment from IM staff yesterday on Facebook; apparently they're still in testing.  IPx and/or UL testing, I presume...

Real question would be - how long the testing will continue for? Days? Weeks? Months still? :efeeab781c: (They still could announce specs, etc.. faster.)

Quick dunk in a bin full of water, followed by disassembly and checking for water ingress, or actual real tests done by second-party, that doesn't have anything to do with Inmotion?

Edited by Funky