Inmotion E25 (details pending)

RagingGrandpa

1 hour ago, Manoloco said:

This wheel needs to be better than the s18 pro 50s, the specs on that wheel are really interesting and with the upgrades of the pro (hollow motor) and 50s batts, it takes away most of the weaknesses for its target user...and it even has a 18" wheel.

25kg, 1100wh battery, 18", suspension (and by the form factor, probably more sturdy than the enclosed one on the E25... but we need to see those specs, thats why one of the most important ones is battery capacity, not only for the range, but also to see its power and if its more convenient than this evolved s18.

https://oneride.eu/en/kingsong/1285-kingsong-s18-pro-50s-cells-electric-unicycle.html

https://myewheel.com/kingsong-s18pro/

Maybe thats the reason for the supposed 20% cheaper than the falcon price?, because this S18 pro + (or 50s or whatever its called) is a bit expensive for its specs.

Edit: At least it seems to be lighter, which is a big plus, by 3kg. is this still to be confirmed?

Doh S18 has that open frame design.. And you probably would not wanna ride it in heavy rain.. I mean really heavy rain!

Yes 18" wheel is sweet. And i personally would like even lightweight wheels to have bigger diameter wheel, but 16" is good enough too. Especially if one needs to ride 5-10km max daily. As for battery capacity - i personally could care less if it has 1000Wh or 2000Wh. This wheel is made for last mileage commute more or less. Meaning you won't be riding long distances, and most who will not be riding those long distance will charge it maybe once a week. Yup once a week.

I'll take good design and what is very practical (good carry handle, water proof, good trolley handle, etc..) over battery capacity. And for people who also don't need said capacity will do the same. At least i like to think? Would you choose a wheel that is meh, but has longer range, or a wheel that somewhat fill all your requirements, but has smaller battery? If you din't need range in first place. Most will take later..

But yes. S18 is still one of lightest suspension wheels that still has amazing big tire. But it's dated..

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Funky said:

Doh S18 has that open frame design.. And you probably would not wanna ride it in heavy rain.. I mean really heavy rain!

Yes 18" wheel is sweet. And i personally would like even lightweight wheels to have bigger diameter wheel, but 16" is good enough too. Especially if one needs to ride 5-10km max daily. As for battery capacity - i personally could care less if it has 1000Wh or 2000Wh. This wheel is made for last mileage commute more or less. Meaning you won't be riding long distances, and most who will not be riding those long distance will charge it maybe once a week. Yup once a week.

I'll take good design and what is very practical (good carry handle, water proof, good trolley handle, etc..) over battery capacity. And for people who also don't need said capacity will do the same. At least i like to think? Would you choose a wheel that is meh, but has longer range, or a wheel that somewhat fill all your requirements, but has smaller battery? If you din't need range in first place. Most will take later..

But yes. S18 is still one of lightest suspension wheels that still has amazing big tire. But it's dated..

Yeah i know, but i mean if they are going to make a wheel in 2024 that can be compared to a 2020 one, and even that one may have better performance and weight specs, what would be the point, i guess what worries me as a potential buyer is the fact that he said that its not on the same perdormance level as the Falcon, i sure hope he meant only top torque and not top speed or braking, cause the Falcon top speed is 50kmh, at leat it should do that to match the 16x or your 18xl, im fone in that regard with a 84v wheel, of course 100v gives a little bit more peace of mind with cutouts, this small wheels  you have to be careful with that.

Regarding the outdated condition of the S18, its true but look at it, it now has a hollow motor and i guess with that, a better  axle, most refreshes keep the same design (like the v12pro) and improve the electric/electronic part, the s18 pro 50s also has 50s batteries which solve the sag problem.

About the water resistance, all true, its ip54 only which you could consider that you cant even spit at it 🤣 but it can resist a bit of water, i guess light rain is ok  and certainly in line with what my 16xs and your 18xl can resist (sans any petsonal upgrades of course)

Its more of an excercise in comparison of what can be done and what worries me.

Edited by Manoloco

Yeah i know, but i mean if they are going to make a wheel in 2024 that can be compared to a 2020 one, and even that one may have better performance and weight specs, what would be the point

Look at the "big" wheel market - most are almost same spec. :D The point is to have options to choose from. One may like A wheel other B wheel simply by looks, not mention specs, etc..

i guess what worries me as a potential buyer is the fact that he said that its not on the same perdormance level as the Falcon, i sure hope he meant only top torque and not top speed or braking, cause the Falcon top speed is 50kmh

I think it's torque.. (To me it looks like it's maybe 16x3" tire. Look at V10 render vs E25 render - E25 tire looks way fatter.) As it's bit bigger diameter wheel. Even if it goes 40kmh i would be plenty happy. But yes 50kmh or more would be awesome.

Take look at V10 and add about 20% performance ~=~ E25. It can't be same speed as V10 - which is already 40kmh.

this small wheels  you have to be careful with that.

I don't even experience any overpower or any alarms in general. As i don't need to do 1-35km/h speed in 5 seconds. :D I'm riding it more like regular bicycle. I'm 280lbs and even have ridden ks16s without any problems. Know your wheel and it's limits. I don't even think about how i'm riding nowadays.. As i never really go over 35kmh speeds. Most times around 25-30kmh.

50kmh wheel would be perfect for 40kmh general usage.

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

Yes, a 16x with suspension and a little bit of more margin would be perfect, 55kmh or so, so i can cruise at 45 on some streets that fit it, would be great, like you said, safeties like water resistance, reliability and i would add smart bms, would be great, i think you dont need more battery but i do many trips on a small city and dont like to be charging frequently, so, for me, 1500wh would be nice, but i think its a stretch to get that weight with that battery and suspension on a 16" wheel, would be instabuy for me though.

3 minutes ago, Manoloco said:

Yes, a 16x with suspension and a little bit of more margin would be perfect, 55kmh or so, so i can cruise at 45 on some streets that fit it, would be great, like you said, safeties like water resistance, reliability and i would add smart bms, would be great, i think you dont need more battery but i do many trips on a small city and dont like to be charging frequently, so, for me, 1500wh would be nice, but i think its a stretch to get that weight with that battery and suspension on a 16" wheel, would be instabuy for me though.

Isn't this wheel, you are describing, inmotion v11y?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Manoloco said:

too heavy, over 30kg

Not over, exactly 30. But low center of gravity - should be usable.

16x is round 25 kg, put suspension on it and you'll get it round 30.

Edited by Aztek

8 hours ago, Manoloco said:

5kg additional to a 25kg wheel, when being carried upstairs many stories, really add up, its more about QoL, rather than CoG or stability, some places dont have elevators, and its a bitch to carry the EUC upstairs.

True. Then begode falcon is a deal. I believe this is the lightest EUC with suspension - 25,5 kg. It is unlikely for someone to come up with lighter suspended EUC, if not using solid state batteries. You have to find something to replace the missing top handle though, for carrying it upstairs.

I remember, I didn't like carrying my 16xs upstairs. Maybe, if you invent a system to comfortably grab a falcon infront of your chest with both hands and carry it floor at a time, considering it a fitness exercise. :) Truth be told, even 10 kg wheel would be a pain to carry up and down although not the constant cursing type as the last time I had to carry over 40 kg wheel upstairs...

Edited by Aztek

13 hours ago, Manoloco said:

5kg additional to a 25kg wheel, when being carried upstairs many stories, really add up, its more about QoL, rather than CoG or stability, some places dont have elevators, and its a bitch to carry the EUC upstairs.

I empathize with your situation, but you are trying to solve the wrong problem. It isn't just your EUC that is a pain to carry up the stairs, it's everything else as well, like groceries, furniture, sick pets or children, etc. It's time we stop revering retrenched thinking where buildings are more important than people.

Elevators can be added to Altbau structures - just as new plumbing and electrical can be (and has been) retrofitted. I guarantee you that the building owners can afford to do this and write it off in most countries. If they are too lazy to do so, then just move.

My advice is to stop owning big, heavy things in the first place which limit your freedom and end up controlling your decisions and owning you. That will make relocation much easier in the future for you.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, litewave said:

I empathize with your situation, but you are trying to solve the wrong problem. It isn't just your EUC that is a pain to carry up the stairs, it's everything else as well, like groceries, furniture, sick pets or children, etc. It's time we stop revering retrenched thinking where buildings are more important than people.

Elevators can be added to Altbau structures - just as new plumbing and electrical can be (and has been) retrofitted. I guarantee you that the building owners can afford to do this and write it off in most countries. If they are too lazy to do so, then just move.

My advice is to stop owning big, heavy things in the first place which limit your freedom and end up controlling your decisions and owning you. That will make relocation much easier in the future for you.

Why should i relocate?, because someone else wants a heavier euc?, and btw, its not where i live where i have to carry the euc or other stuff, i think you are painting a picture of what you think the situation is, in your mind, and making a mistake by making asumptions in the process.

I very much would prefer euc advice in an euc forum, rather, thank you, and even then that advice is strange in a topic created for an alleged 22kg unit 

Also, have you thought about having to wait for an elevator? Sometimes there are urgent matters, and waiting for one to land on the floor you are in, is a complicated inconvinience, likewise is having to leave a wheel on a different floor than the one you will be on, in a place you are not comfortable in, oh and lets not forget the times said elevator is in maintenance, having problems, broken, full, or theres a power outage.

Also having to carry it is just one of many reasons to desire a lighter euc, all of which most would consider convenient, safe, and some others, fun.

7 hours ago, Aztek said:

True. Then begode falcon is a deal. I believe this is the lightest EUC with suspension - 25,5 kg. It is unlikely for someone to come up with lighter suspended EUC, if not using solid state batteries. You have to find something to replace the missing top handle though, for carrying it upstairs.

Or wait for E25? That's an option. :D 

And it for one has everything one would want from euc.. Centered carry handle. And having bigger tire is also a plus.

Also if you remove Falcon pads it becomes 22kg. And E25 is rummored to be also 22kg and it has no pads.. Hmm coincidence? I think not! :D 

Edited by Funky

5 minutes ago, Funky said:

Of course, to see if it proves me wrong and is in fact lighter.

But, man, E25 is sooo ugly 😂

Looks like a peculiar trash bin with a wheel.

Edited by Aztek

2 hours ago, litewave said:

Bruhh. That's big brain move right there. No joking.

Would you yourself move if EUC weight was the problem? :D 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Aztek said:

But, man, E25 is sooo ugly 😂

Who you are to judge what's ugly and what good looking? I could tell that Falcon without pads looks like black box with carrot top cut.

Spoiler

But yes.. It's not looking so great..

Edited by Funky
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Funky said:

Who you are to judge what's ugly and what good looking? I could tell that Falcon without pads looks like black box with carrot top cut.

Hide contents

But yes.. It's not looking so great..

The joke aside, i had two kingsong and one begode wheels. I have good observations on the quality of craftsmanship and electronics on them, having disassembling and repairing them many times.

Now, in my quest for a lightweight wheel, I was looking to kingsong s16 pro and begode falcon, but having seen both dismantled and hence the quality, I am strongly pro v11y. From what I've seen kingsong are the poorest quality, begode is structurally acceptable, electrically and electronically quite lousy . Inmotion look fantastic for Chinese machine (sorry, not sorry, as @Funky often says).

Edited by Aztek

Why should i relocate?, because someone else wants a heavier euc?

Nope, you can stay right where you are. But you should stop blaming others who want/need something different. 

There are several light(er)-weight EUCs already available. If none of them are what you want, then sit back and wait like everybody else does, or go start your own company.

...  i think you are painting a picture of what you think the situation is, in your mind, and making a mistake by making asumptions in the process.

Also, have you thought about having to wait for an elevator? Sometimes there are urgent matters, and waiting for one to land on the floor you are in, is a complicated inconvinience, likewise is having to leave a wheel on a different floor than the one you will be on, in a place you are not comfortable in, oh and lets not forget the times said elevator is in maintenance, having problems, broken, full, or theres a power outage.

Also having to carry it is just one of many reasons to desire a lighter euc, all of which most would consider convenient, safe, and some others, fun.

In one situation recently, I lived on the eighth floor of a large structure. It had four elevators and two staircases. Because I am in good shape, I frequently took the stairs, even when carrying a backpack or tote with groceries. However, the elevators were always faster, except when the building lost power due to a major storm. On those occasions and others just for fun, I carried my MCM or my S22 up seventeen flights of stairs, more than 200 steps. It took twice as long to carry the S22 than the MCM, and I had to switch arms a few times as well. It was a good workout and doable for me, but I would not have lived there if it did not have elevators in the first place. In another situation, I lived on the fourth floor in a building with two elevators with a Ninebot One E+ that weighed just 33lbs, but carrying it up eight long flights wasn't fun, either.

I very much would prefer euc advice in an euc forum, rather, thank you, and even then that advice is strange in a topic created for an alleged 22kg unit 

All you have to do is compare the wheels that can be shipped to you in SA. Problem solved. Instead, you came here to whine to the community, and we already have more than enough whiners already.

Edited by litewave
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, litewave said:

Nope, you can stay right where you are. But you should stop blaming others who want/need something different. 

There are several light(er)-weight EUCs already available. If none of them are what you want, then sit back and wait like everybody else does, or go start your own company.

In one situation recently, I lived on the eighth floor of a large structure. It had four elevators and two staircases. Because I am in good shape, I frequently took the stairs, even when carrying a backpack or tote with groceries. However, the elevators were always faster, except when the building lost power due to a major storm. On those occasions and others just for fun, I carried my MCM or my S22 up seventeen flights of stairs, more than 200 steps. It took twice as long to carry the S22 than the MCM, and I had to switch arms a few times as well. It was a good workout and doable for me, but I would not have lived there if it did not have elevators in the first place. In another situation, I lived on the fourth floor in a building with two elevators with a Ninebot One E+ that weighed just 33lbs, but carrying it up eight long flights wasn't fun, either.

All you have to do is compare the wheels that can be shipped to you in SA. Problem solved. Instead, you came here to whine to the community, and we already have more than enough whiners already.

I think you are really confused, and got into the wrong topic, first its very obvious im not the one whining or venting whatever personal opinion i have that doesnt have to do with the topic about a light, small city commuter, and if someone is stating an opinion, im interested in reading it too, im not only interested in mine or either of the people that has a similar one, that one you got wrong too, its obvious i am more interested in on others opinions than you are, and my interest is not only on this topic, i do prefer lighter wheels in different segments.

You tell me that i only have to check what is available and get that?, no, why dont you get out of this topic instead and stop distracting a constructive discussion, since you are in a topic about a non released wheel that is not available to be shipped? It would make more sense. 

I will tell you all your false asumptions, and what you failed to read adecuately:

You asume i live in a place that doesnt have elevators, wrong 

You acuse me of whining, nowhere i have whined about anything, i have stated opinions, im not forced to buy anything from this companies, are you?

I have stated that not only the lack of elevators  is a problem carrying the euc, the weight if light is useful in case of a hurry or to manage the wheel during manipulation, heck, its better even while riding it, in most cases.

I think you are one of those whiners you mention, not me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Funky said:

And it for one has everything one would want from euc.. Centered carry handle. And having bigger tire is also a plus.

Also if you remove Falcon pads it becomes 22kg. And E25 is rummored to be also 22kg and it has no pads.. Hmm coincidence? I think not! :D 

Maybe they just overinflated the Falcon and put a green plastic trash bin over it without the pads :efee612b4b:, you might have discovered an Inmotion - Begode secret collaboration