What is next for Leaperkim?

1 hour ago, Skampster said:

I ride both a Lynx, Sherman S and soon Sherman L around pedestrians on sidewalks (legal here) ain’t no difference between that and the Falcon/16x. Stop talking rubbish. 

The fact that you're comfortable riding a bigger wheel in such circumstances doesn't mean that everyone would be, not sure what you mean here

I could care less if i'm riding motorcycle or bicycle around pedestrians. (it's legal here. We all share same roads/paths at front yards.) Doh taking same thing into shops, or onto public transport. Doubt they gonna let you take motorcycle inside. :D 

5 hours ago, Poker said:

For a pedestrian a large wheel can come off as more intimidating

That’s their problem, not ours. Have you seen the size of some electric bikes?

yawn, are we done with forcing our opinions on others, yet?

So, LeaperKim has stated there are no small wheels on their product road map at the moment. Check.

Some riders like their Falcon as-is. Fine.

Some prospective buyers want more power and range for headroom in a small, light form factor. If you don't belong to this group, then hold your opinion.

• Like 1

It's just fun when people say "we need". That's basically my point. 

When the needs of the majority have been met I'm sure they'll get to the others. No problem. In the meantime I'll ride my 5y old wheels. 

Can't hurt to remind them every once in a while tho. :D

Edited by alcatraz
  • Like 2

On 9/8/2024 at 11:20 PM, Poker said:

For a pedestrian a large wheel can come off as more intimidating, same as a full face helmet versus a light bicycle helmet 

I'm not risking losing my jaw just to come across as less intimidating :roflmao:

• Like 1

It's so intimidating when we ride with our big wheels and helmets that the kids laugh and wave at us while their parents point and smile, must be a panic reaction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

It's so intimidating when we ride with our big wheels and helmets that the kids laugh and wave at us while their parents point and smile, must be a panic reaction.

Must be a Swedish thing.

All the kids I pass look amazed and say "wicked."

Edited by litewave

On 9/9/2024 at 5:03 AM, Skampster said:

I ride both a Lynx, Sherman S and soon Sherman L around pedestrians on sidewalks (legal here) ain’t no difference between that and the Falcon/16x. Stop talking rubbish. 

ACT Government transport dept web site:

"Any personal mobility device that travels more than 25 km/h is considered a motor vehicle and is therefore forbidden from travelling on paths."

7 minutes ago, DavidB said:

ACT Government transport dept web site:

"Any personal mobility device that travels more than 25 km/h is considered a motor vehicle and is therefore forbidden from travelling on paths."

Ok, I must have lots of fines then I guess.

from the ACT police website. 

IMG_5495.thumb.png.1d3fbb06e52210180c2a7f3cc21d48df.png

IMG_5494.png

Edited by Skampster

In the post I referenced you said it was legal. I pointed out it is not. The fact the police are not bothered is a different thing. And a good thing as basically all EUCs can go faster than 25kmh.

Edited by DavidB

7 hours ago, Skampster said:

Personally I hope they keep to their design philosophy, it’s why I like them. Best looking wheels on the market. 

To a point...  they still need to work on better pedals and headlights, which seems so basic for the most expensive wheels on the market.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1