would like to charge my Kingsong 18XL at an electric car charging station

Triexy

Hi,

As the title says, I would like to charge my KS18XL via a charging station, and I have a few questions about this.

1. is my charger suitable for this I use the following charger?
Smart Charger v4 500W 84V KS18L/XL, KS16X
Here are the instructions, according to the instructions as I understand it, it can handle 230 VAC ±10%
https://eunicycles.eu/en/index.php?controller=attachment&id_attachment=26

2. where can I get the adapter and which one do I need, I live in Hungary, I checked near me there are type 2 https://chargemap.com/cities/szekszard-HU

3. is it possible to use both charging inputs so that I can charge with 10 A?

Hope someone can help me and thanks in advance

20 hours ago, Triexy said:

1. is my charger suitable for this I use the following charger?
Smart Charger v4 500W 84V KS18L/XL, KS16X
Here are the instructions, according to the instructions as I understand it, it can handle 230 VAC ±10%
https://eunicycles.eu/en/index.php?controller=attachment&id_attachment=26

Yes.

20 hours ago, Triexy said:

3. is it possible to use both charging inputs so that I can charge with 10 A?

Yes, but the wheel will beep periodically and signal charging error by red side LEDs. Charging with 10 A is however tested to be safe, just reduce charging current to max. 8 A in hot days.

14 hours ago, Triexy said:

I found now this adapter but iam not sure here but iam not sure if its all fine I am worried todo something wrong thats why iam asking.

The problem with dumb adapters is that some charging station will not work with them, as they need proper signalling sequence. You may try this one:
https://www.tech-mobile.hu/Type-2-230V-kicsatolo

Still, it may not work on certain EV charging stations that sense if the cable has been locked in the EV charging socket.

This is not as easy fix but since I got myself a Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric car that has a feature called V2L it means I can use a normal EUC changer mounted to an inside power socket or by an adapter to the outside charge port of the car. The car is rated for 3.6k W max at 230v. Yet I guess I have to bring the car with me. But it means I can go from A to B with the car. I am not use if I change while driving the car. And then park and ride the EUC. This could be at a charging station. Once done riding EUC the car could be charged up again and the I could drive home. 

I am considering testing this on my holiday going to capital area of Denmark. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Seba said:

Yes.

Yes, but the wheel will beep periodically and signal charging error by red side LEDs. Charging with 10 A is however tested to be safe, just reduce charging current to max. 8 A in hot days.

The problem with dumb adapters is that some charging station will not work with them, as they need proper signalling sequence. You may try this one:
https://www.tech-mobile.hu/Type-2-230V-kicsatolo

Still, it may not work on certain EV charging stations that sense if the cable has been locked in the EV charging socket.

Hmm or I will use 2 charger and 2 Slots like or notimage.thumb.png.774b311a862f7b1fab1d65e36eb4fa3d.png

Are u sure about my charger because it say +-10% that means it can charge 256 or 217 thats why i was worried. About the adapter whats the difference between my and yours and I saw it can hadle max 16A do I have to pay attention to which column I use sry but I never did it and want to be sure :) Thx for your help oph one think to charge my battery with 5AH on one charger or 10Ah on 2 charger inputs is bad for my battery?

23 hours ago, Triexy said:

Hmm or I will use 2 charger and 2 Slots like or notimage.thumb.png.774b311a862f7b1fab1d65e36eb4fa3d.png

Are u sure about my charger because it say +-10% that means it can charge 256 or 217 thats why i was worried. About the adapter whats the difference between my and yours and I saw it can hadle max 16A do I have to pay attention to which column I use sry but I never did it and want to be sure :) Thx for your help oph one think to charge my battery with 5AH on one charger or 10Ah on 2 charger inputs is bad for my battery?

On all appliances that are meant for a wall socket are rated at a voltage with a tolerance. In EU that used to me 220v now it is listed as a 230v +/- tolerance. 

When you use a car charger stand that is not wall socket power. It might have similar for what is called AC charging but the logic Behring this works with the cars charger and build in converter to the cars specification.

If you use a DC charger that is high voltage and in EU that is most around 400v or 800v direct current. But this too is in a range span but referred to as a specific number to make it easier "understand". 

Now there are 2 things to consider here charging a KS18XL at a car change stand. First there is a reason why this is not a normal wall plug socket and that this is meant for much bigger batteries.

Second the KS18XL used elder battery packs that at the time of launch of the model was good but they are not listed as fast charging capacity compare to new models of today. And with all batteries very fast charging comes at the cost of lifespan/charge cycles and a risk of temperature buildup in the battery packs. They do not have a cooling system as car battery have. 

This is not the same that it cannot be done. But it might not be as simple as one would think initially. It has to do with a proper designed gadget that you could connect a normal charger for EUC as a wall socket that the car charger stand will accept.

3 hours ago, Spiwrs said:

AliExpress Model

Dont know if this is of any use to you but it is cheap and seems to have good reviews. 

It hasnt todo with the price, I can use this one from Amazon too Link but iam interested what is the difference between my and https://www.tech-mobile.hu/Type-2-230V-kicsatolo

I thought I can use 2 charger with 2 pigtails to charge it with 10A but I can charge it with 5A too and I think the KS18XL should handle 5AH on one charge port or iam wrong with it?