Smart glasses support in EUC World app - I want your input!

Would you buy ENGO smart glasses if they were supported by EUC World app?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy ENGO smart glasses if they were supported by EUC World app?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

1 minute ago, Raptor said:

Hello everyone,
I also received my Engo photochromic version today. It took only one day to reach Tallinn, Estonia. It's really great with Eucworld! Well, it's also very good in the dark. However, it bothers me that these glasses are transparent even in daylight. All this technical monster looks like. With normal lenses, these glasses are just like nice sunglasses, but apparently cannot be used in the dark. The glasses could darken to a greater extent or the glasses could be replaceable. I'm already thinking that maybe I should also buy the ones with blue glasses. At the same time, it's like a pointless expense :)

UV light from the sun should darken them?

• Like 1

I just posted my review about these smartglasses, as you probably already know I absolutely love them :D

I'm French and I am in touch with Microoled (the French company that made the Engo) that's how this whole thing started, despite @enaon spotted them literally ages ago :).

So I asked for a special discount code for the EUC community. But if you're too lazy to read my review here it is ;): DSHWHL40 

16 minutes ago, padluka said:

How durable are they(in case of falling)? Scratch resistance?

Do they have hydrophobic properties? Last couple of rides in the rain - I can't see shit through my current glasses.

Well I can't really answer that, falling and riding in the rain are the two things I try to avoid at all costs (and I'm wearing a full-face helmet so ...) 😂.

I don't think they have a special hydrophobic treatment. No scratch issue after three months of normal use but I take great care of my glasses, at least when they're brand new.

17 minutes ago, padluka said:

By falling I've meant glasses falling, not rider.

I'm clumsy, so I can sometimes drop my glasses. And I unfortunately can't avoid rain - I use EUC for a commute to work.

I don't think they'll break easily if you drop them occasionally. Scratches are usually more of an aesthetic issue (unless you have a deep scratch, it won't affect your ability to see through your glasses). I don't think they are more or less scratch-resistant than other sports glasses. They do have an Engo Care package that covers accidental damage for the first year. I thought it was an additional package you had to pay for, but apparently it's being offered for free right now (I'm not sure how long it will last).

On 10/14/2024 at 12:44 AM, Seba said:

Apparently, over the weekend EUC World users bought out the entire stock of glasses :) Let's hope that the lack of availability will not last too long. I also recommend that you check https://eunicycles.eu/en/ regularly, as it is very possible that you will be able to buy these glasses there in the near future as well.

Wooo! I'm glad I got in under the wire 😅

Mine just arrived today, and they are working perfectly!

@Sebaone minor thing I've noticed, although I don't imagine it would be a particularly big deal: if you turn the wheel off and then turn it back on, EUC world will work like normal...but for some reason my smart glasses turn themselves off as soon as it reconnects. It only takes a second to turn them back on obviously, but I was wondering if you might have any insight?

7 hours ago, padluka said:

I'm clumsy, so I can sometimes drop my glasses.

I once dropped mine, fortunately no scratches. Generally, as they are expensive, I try to handle them carefully, but for sure, with time some scratches will eventually develop. It's unavoidable with polycarbonate.

7 hours ago, padluka said:

And I unfortunately can't avoid rain - I use EUC for a commute to work.

I've been riding in light rain few times and they behave exactly like my older Hercules 7. They are not hydrophobic, but from my perspective it's not a problem. I always keep some paper tissues with me, so I can wipe the glasses from time to time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, padluka said:

By falling I've meant glasses falling, not rider.

I'm clumsy, so I can sometimes drop my glasses. And I unfortunately can't avoid rain - I use EUC for a commute to work.

They come with around-the-neck holders; you can literally take them off and let them hang. I've already been using them and they work great. I'm too paranoid about dropping them.

• Like 1