I have a brand new falcon for sale with extra pads (same ones Marty uses) in Chicago suburbs. Less than 15 minutes trying to ride it, I’ll stick with my 16s. IDE like to get 1500.00. I’m sure ewheels would help me with shipping but would like to sell locally. 

There’s nothing wrong with it, but you kinda have to ride it to get used to it. It is different, but that’s it, it’s different. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Skampster said:

There’s nothing wrong with it, but you kinda have to ride it to get used to it. It is different, but that’s it, it’s different. 

Given the OP wants to actually sell it after riding it for 15 minutes, something must be "wrong" or not according to their expectation, am I wrong?

Well if something’s wrong, he should be sending it back! If he’s used to a 16S, I have a 16X myself, they are two completely different ride styles. And then again, so are my Sherman S and Lynx. You have to get used to it, fifteen minutes won’t cut it. I’ve done over 100km and I’m still getting the odd wobbles. I had the same problem when I bought my 16x 2nd hand after riding Leaperkim wheels for a year before hand. Nowthe 16X is perfect, and at times enjoy the ride over the Leaperkims. 

• Upvote 1

Ofc 15 minutes won't cut it.. You need to relearn and it may even take up to 300-500km ridden to start to get used. (It's almost as starting out from learning stage - you just already know how to ride a EUC.) Especially if someone used KS16S before - Falcon is completely different wheel. Same time way more powerful and fun.

I'm thinking of getting Falcon coming from KS18XL - That wheel is like ridding sloth. Very comfy on straight roads.. Falcon i would imagine being small diameter wheel and very zippy - I would give it at least month of ridding, before i would make my mind up. Same time i would not go back onto KS18XL, simply because you can get used to any wheel and after time you won't even think about old one.

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Skampster said:

Well if something’s wrong, he should be sending it back!

Sure, so why does the OP want to sell it after 15 minutes of trying? Just in case for the record: that was my question when I asked "what is wrong with it" to the OP.

Edited by Mono

7 minutes ago, Mono said:

Sure, so why does the OP want to sell it after 15 minutes of trying? Just in case for the record: that was my question when I asked "what is wrong with it" to the OP.

Why, because he’s simply not used to it and giving up way to early, it’s simply obvious. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skampster said:

Why, because he’s simply not used to it and giving up way to early, it’s simply obvious. 

Don't stress it. It took him ages to learn on a mten3 years ago. (3-4mths). He is obviously use to the 16S. He probably realised straight away that he would need a long  time to adapt to the Falcon and was unwilling to go through that again or it was not what he expected and preferred his 16S.

Different people have different requirements and different likes. He prefers the 16s.

• Like 1

i can't wait for my falcon to come in. I'm wanting a light weight small suspension wheel like a V8F with power and suspension decent trolley handle. Don't really want to lug my s16pro around just to go 1 block to get something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kintips said:

i can't wait for my falcon to come in. I'm wanting a light weight small suspension wheel like a V8F with power and suspension decent trolley handle. Don't really want to lug my s16pro around just to go 1 block to get something.

Doh 35lbs vs 55lbs is quite a difference. :D (One is actually lightweight, other is medium.) But yes, it's much better than 73lbs. If only Falcon had usable one hand operation handle and easy accessible lift switch right next to said handle. It would be perfect!

Edited by Funky

No problems with the falcon, I’m sure it’s a fine wheel. The problem is my back, I think my riding days are numbered. Thank you all. Wheel still available.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Skampster said:

Ah, context is everything. 

That seems on the other hand simply obvious to me :whistling:

1 hour ago, Funky said:

Doh 35lbs vs 55lbs is quite a difference. :D (One is actually lightweight, other is medium.) But yes, it's much better than 73lbs. If only Falcon had usable one hand operation handle and easy accessible lift switch right next to said handle. It would be perfect!

I wonder if the trolley handles are an after thought for EUC companies now. I mean they use to make really nice handles, now they just stick them anywhere, or with the MTEN4 make you buy an add on. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, EVSteevie said:

I have a brand new falcon for sale with extra pads (same ones Marty uses) in Chicago suburbs. Less than 15 minutes trying to ride it, I’ll stick with my 16s. IDE like to get 1500.00. I’m sure ewheels would help me with shipping but would like to sell locally. 

Let me guess, you got the street tire. 

2 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

Let me guess, you got the street tire. 

i got the street tire one preordered, is it really that bad? because the knobby tire on the V12HT is not good. if it had a street tire i think it would be better. S18 has a street tire and its great same with the 16x. 

I wish I had the knobby also.

7 hours ago, Mono said:

That seems on the other hand simply obvious to me :whistling:

if you say so ;)I 

39 minutes ago, Skampster said:

if you say so ;)I 

I say so and I said it, obviously :D

Edited by Mono

On 7/23/2024 at 6:49 PM, kintips said:

i got the street tire one preordered, is it really that bad? because the knobby tire on the V12HT is not good. if it had a street tire i think it would be better. S18 has a street tire and its great same with the 16x. 

Rode both, yes the tire makes all the difference. Love my knobby Falcon, hated the street tire demo Falcon. 

• Like 1

Maybe if you air up your falcon tire to 50psi you might like it better. I find riding my smallish KS14D to be a horrible ride at 20psi and a thrilling ride at 50psi. The KS16S is a wonderful wheel though compared to the Falcon.

15 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

Rode both, yes the tire makes all the difference. Love my knobby Falcon, hated the street tire demo Falcon. 

That's interesting, so it wasn't the PSI in the tire being too great, causing the difference? thank you for your input

1 hour ago, kintips said:

That's interesting, so it wasn't the PSI in the tire being too great, causing the difference? thank you for your input

It has nothing to do with tire pressure it’s the sidewall. The knobby has a more flexible sidewall than the street tire which is rock hard. Street tire wants to get leaned over like a motorcycle which is far different than how one rides a wheel