Leaperkim Sherman L 151V 4000wh 20" 102lbs

Based on the photos, this is basically everything I wanted as a Sherman S upgrade! The only things that stand out are the trolley handle being so narrow in the middle (that'll make it slightly harder to mount a custom seat), and I don't know to what degree the smart bms will provide cell detail in the app (will it be comparable to the Lynx or surpass?)

Also, did the photo about the "high grip anti skid tire" actually say "chocolate tires are more wear resistant" at the bottom??? Lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What is the rated power of motor of Sherman L? The material showed the power is 3200W and peak is 8000W, however, they also said the rated power is 5000W.

1 hour ago, YCC said:

What is the rated power of motor of Sherman L? The material showed the power is 3200W and peak is 8000W, however, they also said the rated power is 5000W.

it's 3200. early reports showed 5000w but that appears to have been in error.

• Thanks 1

Just imagine, the old Sherman S running 100v stayed relevant all this time.

Leaperkim probably optimized the hell out of this 151v update. 

I am soooo ready 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

This will be the wheel that will replaces my trusty Sherman S at some point.

I can get around 150km's per charge (as a 200lb geared up rider) so I'll look forward to riding up to 200km's+ on a charge.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Merkyu Kyu Kyu said:

Leaperkim Sherman L Price

Early bird discount $2,917
Full Price: $3,045

This pricing doesn't make any sense... right? Unless it's bulk price paid by dealers or something? (still seems too low in that case)

Edited by Tomallo

2 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

it's 3200. early reports showed 5000w but that appears to have been in error.

Interestingly, the motor power of Sherman L is same as Lynx, which both motor power is 3200W, Do both use the identical motor? 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, YCC said:

Interestingly, the motor power of Sherman L is same as Lynx, which both motor power is 3200W, Do both use the identical motor? 

Sherman L motor has different copper wiring, which gives it more torque and an overall power. 

Edited by Merkyu Kyu Kyu
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Clem604 said:

I can get around 150km's per charge (as a 200lb geared up rider) so I'll look forward to riding up to 200km's+ on a charge.

The motor power of Sherman L(3200W) is only 200W larger than Sherman S(3000W). I am of the opinion that they all use the identical  motor including Lynx(3200W). I am a little disappointed.

Edited by YCC
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Merkyu Kyu Kyu said:

Sherman L motor has different copper wiring, which gives it more torque and an overall power. 

As a result, they are able to call L has more torque and power than Lynx since L use different copper wiring compared with Lynx but they both have motor spec of 3200W? I am a little confused. 

1 hour ago, Clem604 said:

And the Sherman-L is only about 6 lbs heavier than the Sherman-S.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Merkyu Kyu Kyu said:

Leaperkim Sherman L Price in China

Early bird discount $2,917
Full Price: $3,045

Source:

image.png.4c12f41419220d8f0142c69a03c361b2.png

image.png.b087e2f57c3fc85885f0543cae55cf58.png

Is this place legit? I’ve never heard of them, and their store page links to a place where they sell the mten3 and the Lynx for ~$2800 & $26 flat rate shipping to the US. A bit suspicious imho..

If it is, and anyone has any good anecdotal experience, I’d be totally willing to buy from them, as that’s a price I couldn’t refuse. (I yet remain hopeful)

Prices they pay in China are very different from EU or US/CA. The Lynx costs 4000-4200 so what makes you think this will be cheaper?

Most likely 5k. Below doesn’t make sense as it will cannibalize Lynx sales completely. It still might though.

On 7/4/2024 at 6:18 PM, Ronin Ryder said:

New wheel alert🚨Leaperkim Sherman L.

The next EUC from Veteran.

151V 4000wh 46.5kg/102lbs 20"

Battery Auto-balance feature
Acceleration/brake assist feature (0-100%)
Stronger torque
Slightly wider than the Lynx
Smart BMS
Freespin 125kmh
Magnesium alloy:  battery case, trolley handle
Field weakening available
Standard Leaperkim display
Hydraulic Suspension with progressive spring
High grip anti skid stock tire
Powerful headlight
Tail light with multiple modes
Kickstand
5A stock charger

Name and specs of the wheel have leaked online (telegram groups), sourced off communication material from Leaperkim. I consider it's OK to talk about it since it's now out here. Pictures will follow soon (multiple people have them already). Design wise it's a mix between a Lynx and a Sherman S. Official announcement soon. Topic will be updated with new infos so check it out regularly.

Absolutely excited by this wheel, range and power!

Mods: please don't make my topic disappear this time. Thank you. 

Let's go, wheel first look:

20240705_094955.jpg

1720187320994.jpg

Screenshot_20240705_094656_Gallery.jpg

1720134988800.jpg

1720134988365.jpg

1720134987726.jpg

1720134987684.jpg

1720134987599.jpg

I like that they’re upgrading their Sherman S to higher voltage and battery but they are still using the same tail light that everybody protested against for so long and there is no sign yet that they’ve improved the wheel’s rigidity in the well (there are jokes on the internet by Begode fans on this subject).

16 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Looks really good. Nice the front handles are tapered in slightly and a little wider body too. Very impressive with the size of the batteries. More robust. Really looking forward to the real world range.

Sorry, where does it say is wider body?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Anthraksi said:

Prices they pay in China are very different from EU or US/CA. The Lynx costs 4000-4200 so what makes you think this will be cheaper?

Most likely 5k. Below doesn’t make sense as it will cannibalize Lynx sales completely. It still might though.

5k is too much. Leaperkim makes highest margins out of all companies, but has stiff competition now from Begode Extreme, ET Max.

Edited by Paul g

2 hours ago, Anthraksi said:

Euc prices in China are much lower due to them being made in China. They don't have do deal with massive tariffs and VAT that the rest of the world has to deal with. I remember Kuji's V13 video and someone asked him in Chinese how much it cost, and he says something asking the kind of $2000 USD equivalent. My mind was blown!

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, WheelGoodTime said:

Euc prices in China are much lower due to them being made in China. They don't have do deal with massive tariffs and VAT that the rest of the world has to deal with. I remember Kuji's V13 video and someone asked him in Chinese how much it cost, and he says something asking the kind of $2000 USD equivalent. My mind was blown!

Massive tariff? Trump is proposing a 60% tariff on all Chinese imports if elected. Our wheels will quickly become unaffordable.. obviously this will fuel inflation too.

On 7/4/2024 at 5:01 PM, Rollin-on-1 said:

I'd take a 151V Patton with smart bms if they kept the weight the same.  Should be doable considering Lynx and Patton are practically the same weight.

I think a smart move would be 151v across the whole lineup: patton with 4P, Lynx with 6P and Sherman with 8P.

I actually asked ewheels if there were some advancements coming to the patton. Like smart BMS, etc. They basically said demand drops off quickly a few months after a model starts to sell, so LK typically doesn't offer too many big upgrades on older models. I am also a patton owner and actually love the wheel. I am not sure I want to go to a bigger 20 inch wheel. One can hope though. I think along with the battery upgrades they can make the same weight saving changes and even possibly make the wheel a little lighter. Its just a matter of if enough people will buy a new 16in patton. 

I am keeping an eye on this wheel though. It looks really cool. If I do want to go to a 20 inch, this may be the wheel I get.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I actually asked ewheels if there were some advancements coming to the patton. Like smart BMS, etc. They basically said demand drops off quickly a few months after a model starts to sell, so LK typically doesn't offer too many big upgrades on older models. I am also a patton owner and actually love the wheel. I am not sure I want to go to a bigger 20 inch wheel. One can hope though. I think along with the battery upgrades they can make the same weight saving changes and even possibly make the wheel a little lighter. Its just a matter of if enough people will buy a new 16in patton. 

I am keeping an eye on this wheel though. It looks really cool. If I do want to go to a 20 inch, this may be the wheel I get.

If you don't mind my asking, are you find that your Patton is significantly more stable than your V12 at speeds between 30 mph to 40 mph? It sounded like you don't feel like you are looking for more stability with your 16" Patton.

• Like 2

excellent addition to the lineup. 
I wonder if these large wheels will do away with trolley handles. how many use them instead of pushing the top of the wheel?