New Extreme Bull Griffin 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 92lb

So many exciting new wheels coming out. Too bad those 2.500-2.700mAh battery wheels are of no use to me - it is too much (too heavy and too expensive) for my short, leisurely one-hour rides after work (I use my V10F or my V11 for those) and not enough for my 60-65 mile multi-day long distance trips that I do with full gear and backpack on my EX20 and where I like to have lots of reserves.

19 minutes ago, mhpr262 said:

So many exciting new wheels coming out. Too bad those 2.500-2.700mAh battery wheels are of no use to me - it is too much (too heavy and too expensive) for my short, leisurely one-hour rides after work (I use my V10F or my V11 for those) and not enough for my 60-65 mile multi-day long distance trips that I do with full gear and backpack on my EX20 and where I like to have lots of reserves.

This is the one to look out for then.

I'm going to seriously look into that if my EX20 ever gives up its ghost. Considering its reputation for easily fried mainboards and the fact that there are no more spare parts available it might be sooner rather than later... Mine has already completely reset its odometer after a hard crash at ca. 4.000 kilometers...

Posted (edited)
On 6/29/2024 at 9:43 AM, Frolic0415 said:

I ride in the rain and have opened up my wheel after, no water ingress problems and the bearings are holding up fine (so far). 

Melbourne... 4 seasons in one day. Lived there when younger for a year or so. Motorcyle only transport. Never went out without my waterproofs strapped to the back even if not a cloud in the sky.

Edited by DavidB

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kreed said:

I'm kind of amazed at how little talk there is about this new wheel. :confused1:

I am of the opinion that Griffin is the killer of Lynx since some spec of Griffin are better than Lynx.

• 1 month later...

Absolutely 0 news about this interesting wheel since a while. That's not a good sign. Other wheels usually we have at least regular videos from Begode or EB...Not sure what is going on. 

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 1

On 7/17/2024 at 5:49 PM, YCC said:

I am of the opinion that Griffin is the killer of Lynx since some spec of Griffin are better than Lynx.

Maybe for some people, and for you.

But for others, the better range, quicker recharging speed, and more supple and compliant suspension may give an edge to the Lynx.

But ultimately, people need to ride them, and find out from owners what each wheel"s real capability will suit them better.

37 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Absolutely 0 news about this interesting wheel since a while. That's not a good sign. Other wheels usually we have at least regular videos from Begode or EB...Not sure what is going on. 

What I am surprised about is the lack of reviews from influencers and other Youtubers.

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

What I am surprised about is the lack of reviews from influencers and other Youtubers.

No one has the wheel. But that goes in line with my concerns about the lack of news from this wheel.

Edited by Ronin Ryder

13 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

No one has the wheel. But that goes sin line with my concerns about the lack of news from this wheel.

Could it be that Begode (Extreme Bull) has adopted a new paradigm to go marketing with a new wheel.

For example, the GT Pro got a bad rap, because a phase wire wasn't properly routed, and thus, the connector wasn't fully inserted, and consequently started to loosen and sliding out during riding. This was on a demo wheel. So the old way wasn't always effective. So maybe Begode is trying something new?

Edited by techyiam

• 3 weeks later...

A batch 1 Griffin is getting air shipped to me from Next Gen Mobility for review purposes. I expect it to arrive in the next 10-15 days, and I'll be doing a set of review videos on it. Current plans are to do a first impressions video, full review video, Lynx vs. Griffin Comparison... and possibly (depending on my workload), another video getting a competitive racer's perspective after ripping it around the track. If there's any videos that you want to see or anything specifically covered, let me know know so I can make arrangements to do so. :) The unit I'm receiving is the 4000w version with a street tire - the 4500w ET Max motor version will ship with batch 2.

Get this... Milli @ Extreme Bull said that the suspension on the Griffin is an air shock. But I still fully expect them to have two side stanchions, just like all previous EB EUCs. On one hand, I was a little disappointed to hear that because Begode has never made an air suspension that doesn't leak. However, EB isn't Begode, and EB has had a lot of issues in the past with their current oil/coil shocks, so maybe they decided it was time for a redesign.

I am strongly suspicious that they made this change to reduce the overall weight of the unit while keeping the frame strong where it needs to be (ie: no flex). As long as the air suspension isn't poor like the V11 and V13, this suspension type has potential. Milli described this shock type as amazing and super plush, so I am optimistic about it. I requested photos of it earlier today, but haven't gotten anything yet. I'll post them whenever I see the photos. :) 

Edited by WheelGoodTime
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

A batch 1 Griffin is getting air shipped to me from Next Gen Mobility for review purposes. I expect it to arrive in the next 10-15 days,

Oh my god, the Griffin is real.

Please include a comparison range test against the Lynx.

15 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

Get this... Milli @ Extreme Bull said that the suspension on the Griffin is an air shock. But I still fully expect them to have two side stanchions, just like all previous EB EUCs. On one hand, I was a little disappointed to hear that because Begode has never made an air suspension that doesn't leak. However, EB isn't Begode, and EB has had a lot of issues in the past with their current oil/coil shocks, so maybe they decided it was time for a redesign.

Can't wait to hear from you on whether the Griffin's air-sprung hydraulic suspension can compete with the Lynx's coil-sprung hydraulic suspension. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1