Inmotion V18 Speculation

8 minutes ago, Funky said:

In 2025 it gonna get released. So i have heard/seen.

I think you are referring to flagship model that will be competing with the Lynx. This should be the model that comes after the V18.

Having said, this is all hearsay anyway.

Inmotion has been quiet, and it seems like not much managed to leak out.

32 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I think you are referring to flagship model that will be competing with the Lynx. This should be the model that comes after the V18.

Having said, this is all hearsay anyway.

Inmotion has been quiet, and it seems like not much managed to leak out.

Huh you wanna say V18 will be coming this year? Would be great if it did. As i wanna see it faster also, if it's indeed a lighter wheel <25kg.

8 minutes ago, Funky said:

Huh you wanna say V18 will be coming this year? Would be great if it did. As i wanna see it faster also, if it's indeed a lighter wheel <25kg.

That's the problem.

The rumours that has been spreading online come in two favours. One is that the V18 is an update on an existing model. And this existing model was never revealed in any details. So some assumed it to be a lighter older model, while other think it could be an V13, or V14. Then the second possibility is the V18 could be a modest 20" wheel, with a version that has longer range capability.

In other words, we really don't know what the V18 is at all.

V14 is simply too new.. And V13 already have a Pro version no?

Why would they suddenly make New Name for already existing models? They usually get PRO/Y version. Not new V** number..

Only options is: We gonna get new lightweight wheel, or very heavy/big wheel. I personally don't see the need of even bigger/faster wheel - we already got V13/Pro. (Only bigger battery and little bit more speed would be good.)

We need new lightweight wheels. Not another heavy - that market is full of.. < I'm more for that. As that segment of market has nothing new. And have not had for half a decade.

Edited by Funky

I used to be excited about inmotion wheels but am always let down by them because of their lack of attention to detail. At one point I wanted a v14 really bad, but then I watched this video

My V10 was great, but just when I started enjoying it then it broke on me. And all the little things that matter a lot are revealed in this video.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Funky said:

V14 is simply too new.. And V13 already have a Pro version no?

Why would they suddenly make New Name for already existing models? They usually get PRO/Y version. Not new V** number..

Only options is: We gonna get new lightweight wheel, or very heavy/big wheel. I personally don't see the need of even bigger/faster wheel - we already got V13/Pro. (Only bigger battery and little bit more speed would be good.)

We need new lightweight wheels. Not another heavy - that market is full of.. < I'm more for that. As that segment of market has nothing new. And have not had for half a decade.

I asked whether the V18 has suspension or not. No one replied.

The only suspension wheels that Inmotion has produced are the V11, V13, and the V14.

Adding suspension to an existing non-suspension wheel is a big deal.

And that is why it is so confusing as to what the V18 is going to be.

People pass on as rumours that are conflicting.

In the end, we really don't know because no facts are known.

10 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I asked whether the V18 has suspension or not. No one replied.

The only suspension wheels that Inmotion has produced are the V11, V13, and the V14.

And that is why it is so confusing as to what the V18 is going to be.

People pass on as rumours that are conflicting.

In the end, we really don't know because no facts are known.

V5 performance wheel with Suspension. :D No thanks.

V8/10 - maybe.

1 minute ago, Funky said:

V5 performance wheel with Suspension. :D No thanks.

V8/10 - maybe.

I gave up on second guessing what the V18 is since the so called leaks are all over the map.

You can hope, and there is nothing wrong with that, since anything new and are light are rare.

Personally, I am not too concerned with the V18 since there are already so many choices of the wheel that I am interested in.

On 7/10/2024 at 3:43 PM, techyiam said:

LOL that change would be so big that it would be a completely new wheel, even if it retains the old name.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2024 at 3:58 PM, mhpr262 said:

LOL that change would be so big that it would be a completely new wheel, even if it retains the old name.

If its an existing wheel refresh, wouldn't it be better naming it like what inmotion has done in the past egV11y, if its a refresh of V8S, V8Z or something instead of V18. i'm guessing 18 inch wheel, or a suped up V11 since its an 18 inch wheel too.

but they should be previewing it soon because so many other companies have previewed their fall lineup eg f22, blitz, griffin etc... they are going to be left 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kintips said:

If its an existing wheel refresh, wouldn't it be better naming it like what inmotion has done in the past egV11y, if its a refresh of V8S, V8Z or something instead of V18. i'm guessing 18 inch wheel, or a suped up V11 since its an 18 inch wheel too.

but they should be previewing it soon because so many other companies have previewed their fall lineup eg f22, blitz, griffin etc... they are going to be left 

It can also be 12" rim > which makes it 16" real world > which makes it 18" by marketing.. :D 

Why would they make another V11 wheel. Or supped up one at that matter? When we already got V11/V11Y and right next to it V14. While new smaller/lighter wheels we have zero model from Inmotion.

I'm thinking it will be something as Falcon to compete. Maybe lighter..

1 minute ago, Funky said:

It can also be 12" rim > which makes it 16" real world > which makes it 18" by marketing.. :D 

Why would they make another V11 wheel. Or supped up one at that matter? When we already got V11/V11Y and right next to it V14. While new smaller/lighter wheels we have zero model from Inmotion.

I'm thinking it will be something as Falcon to compete. Maybe lighter..

Hey Funky, do you know Why EUC companies are so weird with tires? i mean if i go get tires for my 14inch rims on car i don't go around getting 16 inch tires. I mean you ask them for 14inch tires. 

Its really annoying because if you want to buy a tire replacement you really don't know what to buy lol especially for someone not euc tech savvy. I mean you won't really know what would be compatible to your tire and end up getting the same tire from the manufacturer, what if you wanted to try a different bike tire.

10 minutes ago, kintips said:

Hey Funky, do you know Why EUC companies are so weird with tires? i mean if i go get tires for my 14inch rims on car i don't go around getting 16 inch tires. I mean you ask them for 14inch tires. 

Its really annoying because if you want to buy a tire replacement you really don't know what to buy lol especially for someone not euc tech savvy. I mean you won't really know what would be compatible to your tire and end up getting the same tire from the manufacturer, what if you wanted to try a different bike tire.

It's not really the EUC companies "fault". It's just that there exist different standard ways to describe tire sizes. As some EUCs use bicycles tires and some use motorcycle tires, we get to see a confusing mix of the respective different norms. Adding to the confusing, EUCs are sometimes labeled with the true outer tire diameter (in inches), which is a number we may not find in any of the norms.

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1

4 possibilities:

1: bigger V14 extreme off-road wheel to compete with Lynx

2: Bigger/faster V11 suspension commuter wheel with 2400-2700 wh batteries, that cruises at 40mph+. Competes with an out-classes the KS-S19

3: Bigger V10F non-suspension commuter wheel to compete with and upgrade from the king song KS-18XL

4: 3600wh long range adventure wheel like the V13, but smaller tire for better torque/acceleration/convenience/range

I'm sure they learned a whole lot from the V13 development and want to use more of that tech in smaller wheels.

Edited by Esash

10 minutes ago, Esash said:

4 possibilities:

2: Bigger/faster V11 suspension commuter wheel with 2400-2700 wh batteries, that cruises at 40mph+. Competes with an out-classes the KS-S19

3: Bigger V10F non-suspension commuter wheel to compete with and upgrade from the king song KS-18XL

4: 3600wh long range adventure wheel like the V13, but smaller tire for better torque/acceleration/convenience/range

I'm sure they learned a whole lot from the V13 development and want to use more of that tech in smaller wheels.

"4: 3600wh long range adventure wheel like the V13, but smaller tire for better torque/acceleration/convenience/range"

I take that one back. If they were going to make a smaller V13 with huge battery, it would not be 18 inch and it would be called the V20 or something.

47 minutes ago, kintips said:

Well EUC is weird device by nature. :D 

Bicycle tires. Motorcycle tires. Everything is different measured. Two different worlds. Three if you count knobbies.. As knobs are big, so their real size if way, way bigger.

27 minutes ago, Esash said:

4 possibilities:

I'll order number 3. With side of small battery.

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Esash said:

4 possibilities:

I'll take a #2 with extra steez and a large Grizzlas

5 hours ago, macgyvercanada said:

I'll take a #2 with extra steez and a large Grizzlas

I am of the opinion that they will release V11 with higher (134V)charging voltage, or V14 with higher(151V) charging voltage, all spec of wheel will be the same since the business model of Inmotion is clean the parts of inventory. Think about V12 pro and V13 pro, lol.

7 hours ago, Esash said:

This was the wheel I wanted to upgrade to from my V11 but it never came, so I ended up with a Sherman S instead.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

Actually wouldn't the bigger question be why inMotion skipped V15 V16 V17? and go straight to v18? Or are they going to get to a V15 eventually after releasing the V18 first?

Eg if you look at kingsong they went S18 then S20 rename to s22, then S19 then s18

Regardless i hope its a lighter wheel, maybe their version of the falcon/MTEN5/MTEN4 lol

15 hours ago, kintips said:

Actually wouldn't the bigger question be why inMotion skipped V15 V16 V17? and go straight to v18? Or are they going to get to a V15 eventually after releasing the V18 first?

Eg if you look at kingsong they went S18 then S20 rename to s22, then S19 then s18

Regardless i hope its a lighter wheel, maybe their version of the falcon/MTEN5/MTEN4 lol

Inmotion also skipped V1, V2, V4, V6, V7, and V9. That's the usual behavior. 

On 6/19/2024 at 4:47 PM, Merkyu Kyu Kyu said:

The V14 was planned to be a modular wheel with swappable batteries and swappable motor rims, but they did not achieve this task for some reason. Inmotion had enough time to finalize this tech for V18.

I would be very happy to have a lightweight wheel with a +/- 1,000 Wh swappable pack and keep spares in my backpack for epic journeys.

On 7/30/2024 at 7:45 PM, macgyvercanada said:

I would be very happy to have a lightweight wheel with a +/- 1,000 Wh swappable pack and keep spares in my backpack for epic journeys.

Yes im hoping for a light weight wheel. Inmotion should be annoucing something soon there calendar said mass production july. Its august lol. Kingsong had f22 previewed  like 3 months before launch.