Posted (edited)

I hope you pay more attention at work. " I'll never go there again" but then you put the video up for the whole world to see. ????

Edited by DavidB

6 hours ago, Ethereal said:

i like your approach, its nice  and constructive for both parties, so everything works out in a friendly manner🙂.   Just one little detail is "disturbing": never use this sentence: " i have nothing to hide" Its not a matter of having something to hide, its a matter of which information is nescerrary in the given situation, and with full respect for the officer at work, they are working for the people, but there is no need to supply more information than needed.  😉 Unfortunately one has to remember, that all information can (and eventually will) be used against you.  Anyway, well handled 🙂

On 5/23/2024 at 1:34 AM, DavidB said:

I hope you pay more attention at work. " I'll never go there again" but then you put the video up for the whole world to see. ????

“I’ll never go there again” means exactly that. Why did post it? It’s to show how my showing respect and being compliant with the officer led to her also being respectful and professional to me. It could have gone much worse had my behavior been being  defensive and disrespectful. That’s the point of posting. 

On 5/23/2024 at 5:35 AM, Robse said:

i like your approach, its nice  and constructive for both parties, so everything works out in a friendly manner🙂.   Just one little detail is "disturbing": never use this sentence: " i have nothing to hide" Its not a matter of having something to hide, its a matter of which information is nescerrary in the given situation, and with full respect for the officer at work, they are working for the people, but there is no need to supply more information than needed.  😉 Unfortunately one has to remember, that all information can (and eventually will) be used against you.  Anyway, well handled 🙂

I agree with your statement about not supplying more information than was needed. My reasoning in telling her about myself was to reassure her that I was a hard working law abiding citizen just taking a break by riding around with my wheel and filming myself in the process.

The statement “I have nothing to hide” was not uttered by me to the cop. That was just part of my monologue voiceover. 

• Like 1

You are indeed a credit to our community and have given a fine example how to interact with the law.

When I first started I was in the Walmart parking lot pushing a cart around in the empty corner of the lot and the po po came round. Didn’t even get out of the cruiser. Just asked me what it was. Three years later, and I’m still the only person riding around town. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

When I first started I was in the Walmart parking lot pushing a cart around in the empty corner of the lot and the po po came round. Didn’t even get out of the cruiser. Just asked me what it was. Three years later, and I’m still the only person riding around town

Cops are always curious around their environment and as well they should. They didn’t see you as a threat so they moved on. The other times I have had interactions with other cops have been positive. They are always amazed when they see me on the wheel. A few have even given me a thumbs up and shoutouts like “Cool” and “Wow”. 

Thanks for the kind words.