2nd hand resellers or marketplaces - UK/EU

cjeam

Other than the classifieds listings here, where are people selling or buying theirs?   

I've listed mine on the facebook groups and on marketplace, ebay seems sparse as anything and I'm not convinced it's great to be a seller on ebay any more, e-rides have a second hand market, my local shop also does but doesn't want mine due to the condition and I'll also make a listing here after this post. But I've not had even a sniff of interest, so I'm looking for more places to list it.  

• Like 1

I sold my V5, Z10 and MSX via Ebay. I hate taking the hit from ebay fees but it is what it is for the exposure you get. At least there wasn't any paypal fees because they were all cash on collection. My OG Sherman sold on a local whatsapp rider group we have so that was a better result financially but it was only by chance that someone on the relatively small group happened to want a Sherman at the time.

Fun fact of the day - the guy that bought the V5 was a vicar!

• Like 1

I can't say for sure how it is in other countries, but in Poland most second hand sales are made through OLX - I think it would be best classified as a craigslist counterpart. But people are also selling on Facebook groups/marketplace, or sometimes other, less popular sites too (Allegro Lokalnie for example). I would guess that each country in EU has its own sites like this that are most popular, and from a quick search looks like Gumtree is a matching candidate

Yeah Gumtree is good but you do reduce your exposure as items are usually only searched/viewed by those local to you as it's predominantly a collection-only marketplace. I think you can distance-sell if you wanted to but I wouldn't trust it - nowhere near as much selling/buying protection as Ebay.

Whilst it's true that my wheels were all collection-only it did still mean that they showed up in general searches and occasionally you may find someone will make the trip to you if it's what they want. I think the guy that bought my V5 came from the other side of London and without a car it was a right pain in the ass for him but he did it anyway :)

But yeah given it's free to advertise on Gumtree you can't lose anything to try there first really. But ALWAYS get cash or bank transfer on the spot before handing over anything!

In Germany many people (even from countries around) use kleinanzeigen.de

From France I know leboncoin.fr

Ah alright all thanks. I shall shove it on gumtree and maybe eBay as well then, and report back. Knowing what's done elsewhere is useful too.