Begode trolley handle inserts (non slop version)

Guys,

Thanks to a helpful chap by the name of Bronson Mercieca (Facebook user) who has created some handle inserts that are a tighter fit, my question is whether there is anyone in the UK who would be able to print and send these? Of course I would expect to pay for materials/time/postage etc.

Link is at:

Slop-free trolley handle inserts

• Thanks 1

I also made my own, although these bushings have been available for free on Thingiverse for ages.

His are looking exactly like the ones on Thingyverse, no idea if he you just stole them and now want to sell them, as it seems to have become the trend to steal and sell other people's products. 😕

Here is the link to the free ones on Thingiverse:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5920032

Unfortunately, they didn't work so well for me. Little to tight. 

6 hours ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

Unfortunately, they didn't work so well for me. Little to tight. 

No problem for me, I'm happy to spend time (hours if needed) fettling with them to get the fit just right. Any excuse to sit in me shed with some music :)

It's really frustrating seeing so many handy things available for 3D print but no way to get them unless you have a 3D printer which I don't really want to get involved with, at least not at the moment.

I'm surprised there aren't people roaming forums offering 3D print services for low volume items. I'm sure it could be made financially viable.

I had no idea the STL's had been stolen, I have no connection whatsoever to the guy in my first post, I just want the inserts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I love that too. I always think about what can a do on my EUCs. 🤣

I would print it for free, but even shipping costs and export isn't worth the little piece of plastic. 

Only the result is great. 😅

Yeah it's a bummer, I would happily pay...I dunno....£30 for a pair of these. You would think it would be worthwhile for someone with a printer to set up for a day and whack a load out. Same with lots of other items. I accept that for oddball stuff it's probably not worth the time/effort in setting up for a single item but I would've thought that something like this would sell given the span of wheels it fits and the numbers sold. I can't be the only one who is annoyed by a sloppy handle!

Shipping should be 15-20€, if it's worth for you let me know and I will print some for you.
If you don't enjoy designing and printing, you should stay away from 3D printing. Nobody can pay you for the time it takes to be able to do both.

Is your Master still original or have you already equalized the sliders with spacers in the upper frame to eliminate the jamming?

Edited by EUC Custom Power-Pads

1 hour ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

Shipping should be 15-20€, if it's worth for you let me know and I will print some for you.

Thats really very kind of you, Thank you! Just PM me your paypal/bank details and I will sort out whatever the fees are for you :)

If you don't enjoy designing and printing, you should stay away from 3D printing. Nobody can pay you for the time it takes to be able to do both.

Yeah it's a minefield of time, learning and space requirements which I just can't fit in right now.

Is your Master still original or have you already equalized the sliders with spacers in the upper frame to eliminate the jamming?

I have an EX30. No I haven't pulled the suspension apart yet, I seem to have a pretty good one as the slider action is fine at the moment with only a DNM coil fitted and I'm really happy with it. I'm sure I will strip it down one day though and investigate any stiction areas of which I am sure there will be some but it doesn't feel sticky anywhere whilst riding at the moment.

37 minutes ago, Bizra6ot said:

You should take a look at the UK marketplaces there are probably a few people in your own town selling their 3D printing services online + you avoid shipping costs

With the offer from EUC Power Pads I think its more than fair so I'll go with that for the moment. Maybe I will have to search google at some point though for anything I need in the future :)

• Like 1

OK well amazing service from Frank at EUC Custom Power-pads! From confirmation in Germany that he would sort some bushes for me to arriving at my door in the UK was a grand total of just 3 days :o

In addition, not only did he print me up a set of the 'regular' 1.2mm thick bushes, he also did a 2nd set for me at 1.0mm as he felt the regular ones were a bit tight and wanted to give me both options. For reference, the stock ones are just 0.4mm thick!

I ended up fitting the 1.2's as although they are indeed tight I preferred the snugness. I imagine they will wear in a bit too if I'm honest.

Sooo much nicer to trolley now without the handle flapping about!

Thank you so much @EUC Custom Power-Pads, and if anyone is thinking of pads in the EU/UK you at least know that Frank is legit and his service is super quick :efefae4566:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1