6'3" 300lbs looking for somethjng to ride less than 6 miles twice a week

14 hours ago, Steeleyedblue said:

Surprisingly what's sore the most is my core, which is good as that's where most of my weight is centered and the area I want to strengthen the most.

It takes a lot of strength to ride an electric unicycle.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2024 at 10:04 PM, Steeleyedblue said:

Can confirm I did not die and completed my first successful city "commute". Also stopping and stepping off safely is hard lmao....

Will be investing in a good pair of knee and elbow pads soon.

I will suggest you do so sooner than later. I had a humbling experience recently. I was out at the air park and carrying a big airplane (about 5' long) under my arm and caught a really nasty gust of wind. I wiped out on the pavement and got some nasty road rash. I wasn't wearing any pads (not even my customary wrist guards) and obviously, almost all of the injuries are exactly where the knee/shin and elbow/forearm pads sit - as well as my palms. Now it's too painful to put on those pads so I won't be out riding until I heal up a bit more.

Granted, I doubt you'll be silly enough to carry something huge while you commute but the point is, unexpected things can happen even after you're very comfortable on the wheel and it really will pay off to be protected. RogerEUC recently had a bad accident that would have been absolutely devastating without his pads and he's obviously a lot more experienced and skilled than I am. So just bear in mind that it can happen and it's best to be protected when it does.